She looked down at her feet, but never spoke. I felt her slightly shake in my grasp.

“I’m worried about you, please tell me,” I urged her. “Otherwise I don’t know how to help you.”

A soft sob erupted within her revealing just how fragile she really was. Her weak attempts to hold herself together were failing and she realized that as she came crumbling down. Her sobs become louder with each one that passed. 

I did my best to soothe her by wrapping my arms around her shoulders and hugging her to me, but it did little to alleviate the situation.

“I just…I-I don’t…” She fumbled to get out a coherent sentence but failed. She clutched my arms tight in her hands while she used them for support.

“Shh. It’s okay Jen. You’re here now. No one can hurt you anymore.”

“But it’s not okay. It will never be okay. He won’t give up on me, ever. He wants me back,” she quivered.  

Pushing back the hair the fell in her face when she looked down I could see her worried features much better.

“Who wants you back, Jen? Who is he?”

Tears poured heavier from her eyes, but her sobs temporarily stopped for her to catch her breath tand form another sentence.

“It was supposed to be a onetime thing. He seemed so kind and fun when I first met him. He singled me out at the bar and came to talk to me. I didn’t initiate anything. When he asked me back to his place it was supposed to be nothing more than a good time, but he-”

Her voice broke and another sob escaped her. I didn’t even know what happened, but I found myself stating to cry with her.

“He didn’t want to let me go,” she continued through the tears. “He kept me there and wouldn’t let me go. My time there was the longest two weeks of my life. It all happened just two days after Daniel…” She trailed off watching me closely. “After you were…”

“It’s okay, Jen. I have Kieran now. You can talk about it.”

She nodded and wiped away her tears. “I came to see you after it happened, but your mom said that you weren’t seeing anyone, that you didn’t want company.”

That was true. I turned everyone away.

“I probably wouldn’t have remembered you coming by anyway. That was a dark and painful time for me. I blocked everything and everyone out.”

“I know. I just wanted to make sure you were okay. I took everything in me not to attack the Alpha after I learned what he did to you.”

I sighed. “I’m fine now, Jen. But I’m still worried about you. What happened after you left?”

She wiped her sniffling nose on her sleeve and looked up at me. I could see the reluctance in her eyes that was holding her back. She was scared.

“We had our night together and he was so caring and gentle with me. It was nice. It was only the next morning when I told him I needed to leave that everything changed.” She seemed to be in remembrance of that night as she told me what happened. Almost as if she was watching a movie. “He beat me when I tried to go and locked me up in some sort of basement. It was dark, cold and empty. I had no one, only myself for comfort. He came to visit me on my second day down there. He brought me food and tried to talk to me, but I was too scared of him to say anything back to him. ”

She wiped away more tears and continued. “He almost started to seem normal again, like the previous two days never happened. He was kind and caring, making sure I wasn’t hurt or hungry. It was ironic considering he was the one who starved and beat me.” She laughed completely void of any humor and shook her head. “He told me that he wouldn’t let me go and as long as I agreed to stay with him he’d let me come back into the house. If I didn’t…he’d make me suffer,” she gulped. “I didn’t understand it. I didn’t understand why he wanted me so much. He barely knew me. So I asked him.” She began to shake again.