Chapter 5 : The Memories

Uta, Kaira, Ayato and the Suzuki twins all are sitting in Uta's living room. His apartment is the second floor above his shop. Reiji had made some coffee. The delicious aroma drifts through the apartment as they sit.

"So, what did you want to talk about with me? Something serious I presume," Uta says. Kaira sighs softly and nods his head.

"Kaneki has gone missing and we were wondering if you'd like to help us in our search. We know which way he has gone, but we do not know specifically where he has gone," Reiji states.

Uta touches his chin and looks as though he is considering the offer. A few minutes later Uta let his hand drop. A small smile forms on his lips.

"I would be honored to help. Now, tell me where you last saw him."

-----
(Changes to 2nd POV during a memory)

He had run out of coffee so he had to get more. There was only one small flaw in his plan. His hunger had started eating at his control. There were claw marks on the walls and there were bite marks on his skin. He had tried to see if he ate some of his own flesh that his hunger would subside, but the outcome was the oposite. His hunger grew even more.

Right now he was in an dark alley, huddled up in one of the corners. His kakugan was visible and the iris and pupil were trembling and moving uncontrollably. His throat was dry and his thirst for ghoul flesh heightened tremendously. His hands gripped his arms, his fingers digging into his dark grey hoodie he wore.

He tried to think of something to keep his mind off the hunger and thirst for flesh and blood. He though about how he got to into this mess he was in. As the memories flood his mind, a certain memory appears amongst the numerous other memories. He starts remembering that moment as he shuts his eyes.

You are standing on a roof of a high building. You are wearing a long sleeved black hoodie, skinny jeans, and some dark colored combat boots. Your dull black hair billows with the blowing wind. Both of your hamds are stuffed into the hoodie's pockets.

Your stony grey eyes stare down at the city below you. You had come outside alone. There was no one to stop you from leaving, because you lived alone. It was almost midnight and the full moon and the glittering stars were out amongst the dark sky.

You look downwards at the pavement below. There are barely any people around at this time of hour. The building you are standing on is about 40 meters high. So if someone fell from the top, they wouldn't survive.

You are standing really close to the edge of the building, ready to jump, when you heard footsteps behind you. The footsteps become louder as the figure gets closer to you. The soft thud of feet soon stop, meaning whoever is behind you has stopped moving. The only noise in the air is your and the figure's breathing.

"Are you really going to do it?" A voice asks softly from behind you.

You turn around to meet the owner of the said voice. You see a teenage boy, about the same age as you, standing infront of you. He had shoulder length wavy indigo colored hair that was tied in a ponytail and pierced ears. He was wearing a black jacket, jeans, black combat boots, and a scarf that resembled two bunny ears.

"Are you really ready to end it all?" The boy asks again. You sigh softly before answering the boy's questions.

"I have nothing left to live for. No one to love or care for me. I'm just air to everyone around me," you say.

"Is there really nothing left for you to live for? Is there really no one to love or care for you? Are you really just air to everyone around you?" He asks again. You don't answer.

"Isn't there anything or anyone that you could live for? Is death really the answer?" He asks again as he takes a step closer to you. You stay silent, not bothering to answer his questions.

He takes a few more steps towards you until he is right in front of you. He grabs ahold of your biceps and pulls you away from the ledge. Once you both are a few meters away from the edge, he pulls you towards him and wraps his arms around you.

"There is always something or someone to live for. You just haven't found it yet. I went through something you are going through now, but I was able to find that one thing to keep living for. I believe you will too, but suicide isn't the way," he says softly.

You feel tears welling up in your eyes as you wrap your arms around the boy. Tears slide down your cheeks as sobs shake your body. Your face is in the boy's chest as he tightens his arms around you. He rubs your back and waits for you to calm down.

"No one except for my best friend has been this kind to me. Thank you, " you mumble into his chest. You lift your head to see the indigo haired boy smile softly down at you.

"Your welcome. Now, let's get down from here," he says as steps out of the hug and grasps your hand. Your fingers intertwine with the boy's as he leads you into the building and down the stairs.