Chapter 4 : Hunger & Getting Help

Authors note : I'm going to mix the manga and anime together in this story. So if you get confused about some part, tell me about it and I can try to fix it.

He was curled up on the bed, clutching his stomach. It growled and pain sparked. He grit his teeth and squeezed his eyes shut. The pain he could handle, but the hallucinations he couldn't. They were starting to take a toll on his body.

It had started about three days ago. He was walking down the dark alleyways when he smelled blood. He had felt his left eye activate. He went to investigate the situation. In the shadows of the corners of the alley was a dead body with fresh knife wounds. Suddenly, a woman with lilac colored hair was standing in front of him, coaxing him to take a bite.

He quickly made his way to his apartment. Once inside he had slammed the door shut and slid down it. He was panting slightly. The lingering scents of blood....

His stomach growls once again, but louder. He sits up and slowly stands up. He makes his way with shaky legs to the bathroom. Inside, he looks into the mirror above the sink. His skin is pasty white, there are deep purple shadows under his eyes, and his left kakugan is activated. The iris is twitching and moving slightly.

He sighs softly. This isn't good.

-----

The indigo haired male grabs ahold of the wrist and fingers with his hands. The said fingers were squeezing his throat, the sharp nails digging into the skin. He gasps for oxygen, his limbs weakening in strength.

"I'll tell you if we can talk in private and you let go of my throat!" Ayato rasps out. Kaira sighs. His hand falls away from Ayato's throat and he takes a few steps back.

"I hope you will be able to answer some of our questions or your in trouble. Now, come," Kaira says as he turns around and walks towards the broken window.

Ayato sighs softly and follows him. Rei and Reiji follow closely behind him. Before the red haired male steps out, he turns around to look at Yoshimura.

"Don't worry. We'll cover the cost of the new window. Just send me the bill," Kaira says before they set off.

-----

White knuckles clutch the edge of the counter. He starts to try and prepare himself some coffee with shaky hands. He slowly reaches up and takes some grounded coffee beans from the cabinet. He fills a metal vase with water and turns on the stove. Placing the vase on the stove, he waits for the water to boil.

A delicious aroma soon spews from a freshly poured cup of coffee. He sits down and stares at the cup. Reaching out, a hand slowly clutches the porcelain cup and lifts it off the table. Bringing the edge of the cup to his lips, he sips on the hot caffeine filled beverage. Only minutes later the first cup is drained and the second is being poured. His hunger wouldn't completely dissappear, but this would slow it down.

His hunger had gotten to a stage where he couldn't sleep and was hallucinating alot. One reason for loss of sleep was his insomnia, but the other reason was the hunger. He could ignore it, but it was getting more difficult to. He had tried many things to try to ignore or distract his thoughts from overwhelming him. He drank coffee, read books or manga, listened to music, anything, but nothing was working.

Maybe he would go insane.

-----

The four of them were walking down an alleyway, heading towards Uta's mask shop. The streets were mostly empty, with a few adults walking home. The sun has started to set, painting the sky like a beautiful portrait. Soft pinks, reds, and yellows colored the clouds, which looked like big pieces of cotton candy.

Once they got to the shop, they knocked on the door and walked in. Inside of the shop was dark with soft yellow glows coming from a few lamps. Different styles, colors, and types of masks hung from the walls. A few masks hung from mannequins that were placed in different areas on the floor.

"Uta? Are you in here? We'd like to talk to you about something," Rei says aloud.

"Alright. Hold on a minute as I finish this mask for a customer of mine," Uta says from behind his desk.