twelve.

AUDREY didn't usually attend the house shows, not very fond of being where she worked with nothing to do, but she wasn't in the mood to be alone that evening, especially after spending the day being lazy in bed with Baron, catching up on their Netflix shows. He was busy getting ready before his match with Sylvester Lefort, Audrey deciding to roam the halls, a little irked at the way everyone was staring at her. It had only been a couple nights since the incident at Full Sail, and though she'd only received a few calls and texts from her closer friends, it seemed the whole roster was interested in how she was doing.

Stepping into the cafeteria, she was happy to find a few friendlier faces, even though they too were awkwardly staring at her. Getting herself some lunch, Audrey sat at their table, looking all of them in the eye.

"Guys. I'm fine."

"Really, buttercup? You looked pretty rough the other night. No offense, of course."

"Thanks, Cass. And yeah. I wasn't exactly on top of the world that night, but Baron's been a big help. Thanks for getting him for me, 'Melly."

"I bet he has. You're lucky, you look good with sex hair."

"CARMELLA!" Audrey gasped, resisting the urge to smooth out her wavy hair, trying to fight the crimson creeping into her cheeks.

"Just sayin, Auddy. But I'm glad you guys have each other. He really loves you."

"I really love him too, no matter what certain little brunette bitches seem to think." Audrey grinned ruefully, stabbing her chicken with her fork.

"Jealousy don't look good on her at all, and that's all it really is. She thought she would be the princess around here, but she's nothin' special. I heard she's even stinkin' up Coach Brookside's rookie class." Enzo said, shaking his head.

"But I heard she's been makin' friends with some of the other mean girls around here. Alexa said she saw her followin' Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch like a little puppy." The air was suddenly trapped in Audrey's lungs, listening to Carmella's last statement. Everything was fine as long as it was her versus Devin, knowing that she was basically nothing but hot air, but Becky and Sasha were nothing to laugh at, and the thought of having to face them in some form or fashion was a little daunting.

"I say you fight the broad." Enzo stated plainly, shrugging his shoulders, "show her you mean business."

"Yeah right, 'Zo. Even if she's horrible at it, Devin's still been training, and Audrey hasn't. She doesn't even have ring gear." Collin replied, arguing with his best friend.

"So she borrows something from the girls. And she don't have to learn much, just how to defend herself, maybe land a few punches. Audrey, you've been in a fight before, right?"

"Not a wrestling match, but I had a couple fights in high school."

"Did you win?"

"Yeah..."

"Then we're good."

"Don't listen to him, Aud. You don't have to fight her." They got up to leave, the guys in a tag match against the Vaudevillains. Audrey herself headed back towards Baron's room, no longer focusing on the stares, but thinking about what Enzo was saying.

xx

Baron could tell the change in Audrey's mood as soon as she stepped back in the room. She was picking at her nails, a sure sign she was conflicted over something, and he knew he'd have to work to get it out of her. One thing about Audrey, she would put his own well being over hers, something that drove him crazy, mainly because he was the same way about her.