nine.

BARON was more than ready for this week to be over. The last few days had dragged ass, and the rain falling outside matched his mood perfectly. It was his first run of house shows since Bull had cost him a chance at the NXT championship, and if he had to listen to Bálor talk one more time about being number one contender, he was bound to puke. He might just puke anyways, feeling like dirt since the night prior. Baron knew he should have let someone know he wasn't feeling good, but he wasn't about to let the fans down, even if that meant taking one of Tyler Breeze's Beauty Shots to his already aching head.

He'd managed to get the pin that evening, his mood not lightening with the victory. As much as he usually loved house shows, and how different they were from all the chaos of a Full Sail production, there were drawbacks, and for Baron that evening, it was a huge one. No need for commentary meant no Corey, and worse yet, no Audrey. Alexa hadn't even made the trip this time, not on the card for the evening. He could hear his girlfriend chiding him in his head, telling him he should open up and make more friends, but tonight would not be that night.

Slinging his bag over his shoulder, Baron tried to make a quick exit, wading his way through the slow herd of superstars dawdling in the hallways, making plans for their weekend off. Talking about things like parties and late nights at bars, while all he was thinking about was sleeping the weekend away. Finally making it to the back exit, he gulped the fresh air around him, the sheer amount of body heat inside making him dizzy. It was far from cool outside, but it was cooler than inside those hallways, leaning against the concrete wall, hoping it would help him feel a little better for a moment at least.

"You alright, bro?" One person he'd forgotten about, his first friend within the company, Mojo Rawley, thankfully a lot calmer outside the ring than he was in it. His bright outfit stuck out in the dark, making Baron's eyes hurt.

"Yeah. Just feel like hell." he groaned, Mojo placing his hand on the back of Baron's neck, raising an eyebrow at the temperature of his skin.

"You are kinda warm there, B." Baron only nodded in response, pinching the bridge of his nose to keep his headache at bay.

"I'll be alright, just gotta get home." Saying goodnight to Mojo, Baron shuffled his way to his car, not in the mood for the ride that afternoon. Throwing the bag in the back seat, he settled into the driver's seat, grumbling when his relaxing moment was temporarily interrupted by his phone ringing, until he heard the song playing.

"Hello?"

"Hi there, handsome. You okay?" Audrey had learned a long time ago how to read Baron like a book, and knew when he sounded off. There was no hiding from her.

"I think I caught that crud that's been going around the Performance Center." Placing her on speaker, he started pulling out of the parking lot.

"Oh no. Bayley just got over that. She said she couldn't keep anything down."

"I know that feeling. I didn't even eat dinner, I could have puked all over Tyler."

"I'll make you some soup when you get here." Baron was glad when he pulled up to a red light, giving him a chance to think about what she had just said.

"What do you mean?"

"Either you come over to my place, or I'll meet you at yours. You should have someone taking care of you."

"I don't want you catching this, babe." He wasn't supporting himself in the idea of keeping her at bay, but he knew how guilty he'd feel if she got sick because of him.

"If I do, it'll be my own fault." Had she always been this stubborn?

"Your apartment is closer, I'll be there in thirty."