four.

CLOUDS hung heavy in the Orlando sky, the news interrupting every few minutes to talk about the storms rolling in. Quickly coming to terms with having to spend her day inside, Audrey decided to at least make the most of it, and finally begin to unpack. She'd only made it through the essentials in her first month in Florida, it was due time to make her apartment her home. Sitting on the floor, she used her keys to open a box, trying to decide where she was going to put whatever was in the box.

Rain began pelting her windows a little after lunchtime, each little thump almost keeping beat with the songs on the radio. Finishing another box, Audrey huffed, her hair falling out of its ponytail, and into her face. She was still in her pajamas, refusing to get dressed just for this. A loud rapping sound made her jump, thinking it might have been the storms turning severe, until she realized the sounds had nothing to do with what was happening outside, rather who was outside. Opening the door, she couldn't help but smirk.

"S'not funny. Can I come in, or are you just gonna stand there and laugh at me?"

"Someone's grumpy about getting a little wet." she teased, Baron giving her a stern look in return. He was way more than just "a little wet", he was soaked. His gray tee stuck to his torso, highlighting the muscles he'd been working so hard to tone since his days in football. His jeans were sopping, making him shuffle awkwardly towards her bathroom. Luckily, he had a change of clothes in his gym bag, and they were dry. She prayed he didn't turn around and notice her staring, checking him out as he went to change. Ever since the "Ambrose Situation", their relationship had definitely changed. They were closer, emotionally and physically. More touches. Hugs lasted longer. Everyone noticed they were never far apart. There was something about Baron. Something she tried horribly to hide from Alexa and Devin, who teased her mercilessly, arguing about who was going to get to be the bridesmaid at her wedding. He made her feel comfortable, safe, calm. Feelings she hadn't felt in a long time.

"How come you didn't answer your phone?"

"Didn't hear it. I was busy." she replied, Baron coming out of the bathroom, throwing his wet clothes in the dryer, dressed in shorts and tank top uniform he always wore at the Performance Center. He sat down beside her on the couch, Audrey tucking her legs beneath her, sitting on her own cushion. As comfortable as she was becoming around Baron, he still made her nervous. It had been a long time since she'd come across someone who wanted to know so much about her, and she about them. They'd had many talks, on walks, in the pool, or hanging out at one of their places, about their lives. She'd told him about growing up in small town Texas, and he told her stories about his days in the NFL, where he met Mojo Rawley, who introduced him to NXT in the first place. Audrey was always cautious, and as badly as she wanted to let Baron into her heart, she was still scared of being rejected.

"I can see that." he told her, looking at the piles of crinkled newspaper in the floor. Baron picked up a small stack of the DVD's she'd left on the table, sifting through the titles. Audrey grinned, liking the idea of a movie date...not a date...friends...right?

"You pick a movie, I'll make popcorn. You want a beer or a coke?"

"Beer sounds good." he called back, already kneeling in front of the TV, popping in a disc.

She made it back into the living room right as the movie began, handing him his drink. He took the popcorn bowl from her as well, letting her sit down. He'd stretched out a bit, his arm draped across the top of the couch, sitting diagonally, resting his back against the corner of the couch. Audrey sat beside him, Baron setting the bowl in his lap, occasionally rubbing her arm with his thumb.

XxX

Thunder boomed outside, startling Audrey awake. It took her a moment to realize where she was, and what was going on. Day had faded away to evening, and somehow, during the movie, Audrey had fallen asleep. Rubbing her eyes, she also became acutely aware of the fact she was now lying down, snuggled between the back of the couch, and Baron.