Part Forty-Eight - All That Matters

Hey guys! 

But yes, this is another update.  Third in the past two days, also the third in the last month, but let's forget about that part. 

So the music video, if you are not aware, is 'Don't Stop' by 5SOS. It is the song that plays on the car on the radio. Just thought I'd add in the video because it's bloody great.

Enjoy:) x

Dr Jake had said that Summer was a little lost in the past couple weeks so he extended her time in the hospital. She was allowed to leave today though. It was a good thing but I knew she was scared. She didn't feel ready to go back to real life. It was as if she had forgotten that she would actually have to go home. I could tell that she was lost in her thoughts recently. It had been worse because the school had started back and I had been called back in because I was needed.

I had wanted to be able to spend more time with her. Especially because she needed me. Both the doctors and Spencer had felt that it was time that Summer had time without me, they knew that we were not going to be together all the time and they thought that Summer needed to realise that by going through some separation. I had been with her every night and she seemed happy about that.

In the past two weeks she was quiet, more quiet than normal. I think that things seemed to be catching up with her. The things with Elijah, and school and just people in her life. Things have changed a lot and she was scared that she wouldn't know how to act. I know that many people had been with her when I wasn't. Spencer had gone in most days when I couldn't be there and her friends had gone in. Harry also went in a few times with Ashton. She still hadn't seen Michael but she remembered him. We had spoken about Michael. The time that she was at our house and she kicked his ass in video games, which shocked him. But that was really the only time she had actually spent with him. They had all brought her loads of gifts and cards so her room had been filled with flowers and random shit.

Spencer had spent the last couple days moving it all back to their house because she was getting discharged. I was currently packing up the rest of her things, just clothes and a few albums Ashton had brought her and her books and everything. She was lost in thought as I packed it all up. She didn't even say anything as I moved around the room. I didn't want to disturb her either so I stayed silent. She had gotten changed into a baggy white t-shirt of mine and some of her leggings for going home.

When she walked out of the bathroom I had turned round to her with a smile. "Ready to rock?" I asked and she just nodded. She looked nervous, too nervous to actually talk. The way she was acting wasn't normal. She wouldn't even tell me what had been taking up her thoughts and I couldn't figure it out either. I didn't like not being able to help her.

I grabbed her hand in mine and we walked out the room she had occupied for the past two months and walked to the nurses station. We walked slowly down to meet up with Spencer as he finished singing her out. The nurses all watched me and Summer. "You all ready to go Summer?" Chyna asked with a kind smile. "I'm a little scared to be honest." She admitted quietly, her hand was starting to shake. I knew she was nervous but I didn't think she was scared, that was, until now. "It can be scary, going back to the real world, especially after everything you have been through. But it is nothing to be worried about. Especially when you have these little cuties looking after you." Chyna grabbed my cheek gently as he she spoke and sent a smile in Spencer's direction. "She will be in good hands. No need to be scared." Spencer grinned at her gently wrapping his arm around her back and pulling her out of my grasp. I was a little pissed, but I had no right, she is his sister. "You'll get back into the swing of things. You get all your firsts again." I chuckled, trying to lighten the mood and get a smile on her face. She let out a small laugh and I felt like everything would be fine.