Pictures of love

Midnight had many rare talents that he kept locked away for the fear of showing them for the thought of people making fun of him.

He was an amazing artist, Ive experienced this myself, Ive always loved watching him paint, I love the passion in his eyes and how he could take all his anger out on a white canvas and turn that anger into something beautiful. I played with the loose string on my jacket as Mid- night painted in my basement. "Jessica" I snap my head up to look at him "Yeah" he motions for me to follow him "Get your shoes on, I wanna take you some- where" I smile eagerly as I slide on my shoes, I feel him burning a hole in my skull as he watched me put on my little red converses.
"Ready?" I nod and grab his hand "Ready" I wanna hold his hand more because Im scared if I don't he's gonna leave, I remember the 'promise' we made in my room but summer is coming to an end and I don't wanna loose the one thing in my life I'd die for. I walk down the road with Midnight and watch his breath shakily leave his body "You alright?" I ask, squeezing his hand a little tighter "Yeah Jess, Im fine" squeezing my hand back.

We walk in silence as I begin to hear the sounds of cars. "Midnight this is the city, I thought you hated the city" he laughs "Jessie we live in the city but your right I do hate this part" he was big bundle of happy which made my heart flutter "Theres a reason why I brought you here" I smile at him and he grabs my hand.

I always wonder whats going on in that mind of his. "We're here he an- nounces as we stop in front of an abandoned brick building "Where?" I ask questionably he steps in front of me "Jessica, what Im about to show you is the one thing I've never shown anyone, you and this room are the things I'd protect with my life" he opens the door and guides me through "Okay" he flips on the light and reveals a beautiful gallery of amazing paintings "Oh my god, Midnight its beautiful" he smiles and closes the door "Take a look around"

I walk around the room to see what beautiful images he thought of and what his hands created, the one that got my attention was a picture of bubbles and in the bubbles were the letters J.E.S.S "Midnight" he looks over and then the painting before smiling "You like it?" I nod, he walks over and he wraps his arms around me "I put your name in bubbles because it fits your personality, your bubbly and sometimes you act like an air head" I smack his arm "Thank you" he nods "Let me show you the one I just finished" he grabs my hand and walks me through his gallery "This one" he points to a girls face with make-up running down it "She kinda looks like me" I say "Cause it is you" I look at it again "Why is make-up going down my face?"

He places his head on my shoulder "because it symbolizes me" I move my head and give him a questioning look "explain" he laughs "well Jess I am a man of my word and I promised I'm always gonna be around, Im gonna be the make-up running down your face, the key on your keychain, the blood in your vain's, the pillow you lay your head on" I turn to face him "Jessica, I'm falling for you and the thought of you being with anyone else makes me angry" he grabs my hands "You keep me sane, when Im with you I feel like I can be somebody, thats why I can't loose you and I can't be just your friend. Because every time I look into your eyes I melt, when I see your lips I wanna kiss them, just your scent alone can destroy me" I felt tears gather in my eyes and I wrap my arms around him "Ive already fell for you" he smiles and I watch as he slowly leans in, pressing his warm soft lips. I pull away and stare into his eyes "So does this mean were together or..." he laughs and nods "I couldn't think of a better title" "But you haven't asked me officially so..." I trail off and watch as he takes a flower from his vase and gets on one knee "Jessica Ade- line Jackson, will you do Midnight Grey the extraordinary honor of being my girl- friend" I giggle and take the flower "Of course I will" he gets off the ground and wraps his arms around me, while his trench coat does the same. 

"Your so complicated but I wouldn't want you any other way." We stood there in blissful silence while surrounded by his art we stayed in each others arms and not one of us was ready to break apart. "Jess?" I look up at him and smile "Yeah?" he laughs and puts the strand of hair thats normally in my face behind my ear. "How do you feel about dinner, with me tonight" my stomach growls and I see his rare real smile come to his face "Thats it, Im taking you out tonight, so go home and get in something cute, not that your not cute already" I smile and walk to the door only turning around and hug him"What about you?" he laughs and wraps his arms around me "I got something nice to wear, don't worry"

I run back to my house and change into the nicest outfit I had, curled my hair and waited for Midnight. Time lagged on forever as I sat on the couch, I jump when I heard the door bell and raced to the door "Hi there" he says greeting me with a kiss on my hand.

"Where's your parents?" I give him a questioning look and call my parents "MOM, DAD!!" my parents come running into the hall "Whats wrong honey?" I giggle as I see Midnight rub the back of his neck "Mr. and Mrs Jackson, Im Midnight Grey and would love to know if you'd give me the extraordinary honor of taking your daughter out for dinner, I promise she'll be safe and I'll have her back no later than the time of your choosing" I watched as my mom began to tear up and seen my dads face of disapproval "You wouldn't happen to be Jason Grey's oldest would you" Midnight nods "Yes sir" my father nods "Your mother was?" I seen him wince at the thought of his mom "Carol Grey" he nods again and I felt the tension between the two rise "Your Collin right?" Midnight gives my father a odd look "No sir thats my brother" my father nods before looking at me "Alright one more question" "Yes sir?" my father smiles like the devil and I can only fear of the next question "Whats your actual name, besides this Midnight crap" I quickly grab his hand and run to his car "BYE I'LL BE BACK AT 11" I see my mom wave and shove my dad in the house.

I open the door and get inside while Mid- night shuts my door and runs to his side. Once he was in I couldn't help but laugh "What was all that about" he smiles "I just wanted you to have the full experience of a first date" I smile and intertwine my hand in his before giving it back so he can drive.

The ride to the restaurant wasn't long than I expected it, he pulls into the valet parking and I step out of the car "Oooh Famine, this is kinda expensive" he laughs and grabs my hand "Its worth everything" I smile and walk inside, the smell of Italian hits me and my mouth begins to water "Reservations for Grey"
the waiter smiles and guides us to a isolated area where a candle light table is set up. He hands us the menus and smiles "I'll be back with the drinks" I smile at Midnight as he begins to unfold the napkins and place them in his lap, I mouth a
thank you and slowly reach for his hand. The waiter begins to pour a strange liq- uid in our glasses and I begin to question it. I pick up the cup and put it to my mouth and take a drink, I make my sour face and hear Midnight laugh. "You never had wine before have you Jess?" I shake my head and giggle "It taste funny" he smiles his rare true smile "You'll get use to it"

The rest of the night goes smoothly, the food was amazing and the music was soft and peaceful. "Jessica" I look up at Midnight who was standing "Will you do me the honor of dancing with me?" I smiled and took his hand and we walked to the center of the floor. I began to sway to the music and listened to Midnight whisper sweet nothings into my ear "I can't help falling in love with you" he sings softly and my heart begins to melt. I was undeniably in love with Midnight, everything about him made me feel something that I couldn't even begin to explain.

After dinner Midnight grabs a bottle of wine and we walk to the park because were both to tipsy to drive. I lay down and took a small sip of the bottle Midnight handed me "Jessie" I look up to see Mid- night staring at the moon "Yes Midnight" "I think Im drunk" I laugh and pull him off the bench "C'mon lets get you home" we began to walk to his house, stumbling the whole way there with random slurs of words and drunken laughs" I get to his porch and kiss his lips that tasted like wine.
He smiles and kisses me again "Goodnight angel" I smile and walk away "Goodnight you goof" he opens the door and walks in.

I walked down the road fighting every urge not to scream his name to the moon and confess my love for him. I now can say Midnight Grey was my boyfriend.