35. Oh Lord my poor virginal kitchen

Start from the beginning

Helen picked up her present, "I'm really happy to be here. Thank you, guys for letting me in your group."

Lau smiled at her, "Don't be silly. We're grateful to have met you."

"Thank you." Helen played with the wrapping of her gift, "This present is for someone really special to me. He was a good... friend." By the way she said friend I knew who she referred to. I could see the pain in her eyes, "I really hope he likes it." Her eyes found Jason's. She offered the gift to him.

Awkwardly, Jason got up and took it. We all clapped and they shared a very uncomfortable hug.

Helen sat down and Jason stood there opening his gift. He pushed through the awkward silence. He pulled out what it looked like a ticket and a CD, "Holy shit!" Jason screamed out in shock.

"What is it?!" we all wondered out loud.

"A VIP to see my favorite band and their latest album." The excitement in his eyes contagious. He looked at Helen, "You remembered. Thank you." She simply nodded her head.

God, she was so sweet and he was blind to lose her so carelessly.

"It's my turn," Jason stated, clearing his throat, "This present is for a girl I used to hate when we were in first grade. She was such pain in the ass," we all laughed a little, "She was always clinging to Jules and I thought she was stealing my best friend from me." I grinned at his words, "But with time, we manage to get along and we soon become the three musketeers. I like to think she's the smartest one among us three. Jules and I would be lost without her. My secret friend is Laura."

"I knew it was me the moment you said "the smartest" one thing." Lau hugged him tightly. We were all smiling like idiots. There was such a good environment around us: Friends who feel like family.

Lau laughed in happiness when she opened her present: there were all kind of sweets made of honey there, her favorites, "Thank you! You're the best!"

"It's your turn now, babe." Jordan handed Lau the present she was about to give.

"Alright." She took a deep breath in, "My secret friend is someone I love dearly." Her eyes landed on me, "She's..." she paused, "She's simply my sister, and she has the sweetest heart in this world. She inspires me, she teaches me. I couldn't imagine my life without her." Tears filled my eyes by this point, "Thank you for giving me a space in your heart. I'm so incredibly lucky." A tear rolled down her cheek, "God, it must be the wine making me emotional." I gave her a sad smile, "I love you so much, twinny. When I become a famous movie director, I will be the one to adapt one of your books into the big screen." We all chuckled, "No matter what..."

"I'll always be your other half." I finished for her. That was our little saying.

I got up to embrace her as tight as my bad hand would let me.

"I love you, silly." I whispered and kissed the side of her head.

"Awww!" Jordan and Shane said together.

I wiped some rebel tears away and tried to open my present but I couldn't. Jordan opened it for me.

"Oh my God!" it was my favorite book series, all five books. I couldn't believe it, "this is so perfect, Lau!" she beamed at me, "You rock!" she mouthed 'I know'. 

"You're such a nerd." Shane huffed.

I stuck my tongue out at him and he chuckled.

It's my turn.

I let out a long breath, "My secret friend is someone I've come to admire with time." Shane huffed, placing his hands behind his head whispering 'That's obviously not me' "He's always been an insufferable jerk and hardcore player," that word got his attention, "I thought that was all he was but I realized there's more. Behind that arrogant attitude, he's actually a sweet guy, a loyal friend and an amazing person. I admire him because he changed for the better, for himself, for the people around him." Shane stared at me in utter silence, "Jerkpid?"