04 Really Ron

Hermione's POV

I feel Draco's lips brush mine. But before we got anywhere at all I heard Ron

"WHAT IN THE BLOODY HELL IS GOING ON!" Ron screams. Well shit

"Be quiet Ronald!" I say yelling quietly.

"No I won't, and I won't ask again Hermione! Do you know what it's like to see your girlfriend kiss someone else? Let alone Malfoy!!" He says madly. Girlfriend? We are so not dating. What is wrong with him? He is so confusing!

"If I may, one, you two aren't dating. But you knew that didn't you? And two, why would it matter if she kissed me. And three, we didn't kiss. You interrupt us," Draco said smugly

I looked at him and my eyes said  thank you to him. He looked back at me with a look of protection.

"You think your so high and mighty because you have some how messed with 'Mione's brain. You some how got her to like you. How the hell did you do that? You are good for nothing. Well think again Malfoy. It's not going to work!" He whisper yells.

"Excuse me boys! I have a say in who I like. Okay? You don't know Draco, hell I don't either, but I'm getting to know him. And I know he has changed. And he has changed for the better. But we got caught up in the moment and you know what as going to happen." I look over to Draco and I winked at him. I hope he knows it means the almost kiss wasn't just on accident. But was it? I wasn't sure, what we said to each other was deep. What if it was just a spur of the moment thing. Well, okay, I can't lie to myself, I wanted to kiss him. After everything he told me, it made me realize even the worst people can change. And that he talked to me about how he felt about the war made me feel really special.

" 'Mione lets go," Ron tells me as he is trying to drag me away.

"Ronald. Stop," I say sternly, "did you even think that I didn't want to go with you?!" I say. That got Ron to stop.

"What did you just say?" He asks with a little bit of venom in his voice.

"I said I don't want to go with you. You walk alone. I'll meet you in the common room. Go."

"But..but...bu-"

"GO RONALD" I yell fiercely

He raises his hands in surrender, "I'm going, I'm going." Once he is out of hearing range I turn toward Draco.

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry about Ron. Thank you for standing up to him for me. You didn't have to. But that really meant a lot to me."

"I should be the one to say sorry. I didn't want to make a fight with you and Ron. I shouldn't have asked you to go on a walk," He says looking straight into her eyes.

I grab his chin lightly and pull it up until I see his eyes and say, "Don't you dare blame yourself. We lost track of time. I will talk to Ron. He might not like the idea of us being friends yet. But I know that he will come around. If he is truly my best friend then he will come around. Please don't blame another thing on yourself. Okay?"

"You aren't mad? I mean I feel like I just ruined your friendship with Ron."

"No, I'm not mad. And you didn't ruin his and mine's friendship. We can talk more about this tomorrow, okay?"