Chapter 6//Come On Cutie

When Sier pulls up, I feel my stomach twist in anticipation. We jump out of the car and head into the huge mansion that the party is being hosted in. It can't be that bad, I tell myself.
      As we walk up the steps of the porch I realize how wrong I was. It can be that bad. And trust me, it is.
      People are drinking like crazy. I see make out sessions everywhere I turn, making me feel a little more than uncomfortable. Games of beer pong are going on, and I even see some people playing truth or dare, with ridiculously dangerous dares.
       I turn away from the front door that's hanging wide open, allowing me to see all of this. As I start to walk away, Sier grabs my arm. "Oh no you don't. We didn't spend hours making you look like the fine queen you are for you to just walk away. Your going in."
I give her a pleading look. "Sier, I don't think I can do this. Seriously. I really don't think this is my thing."
"How can you know that! You haven't even given this party a chance."
She makes her eyes widen with a sad puppy look at the same time that I roll mine. "Fine," I say, making Sier clap her hands excitedly, a spark igniting in her eyes. "But if after an hour, tops, I don't like it, I'm leaving."
"Yay!!" She squeals as she grabs my hand and pulls me into the party.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

      Sier grabs us both a cup of lemonade and leads me to the dance floor.
     "C'mmon, we're gonna loosen you up."
I give her a disapproving look and she rolls her eyes.
"Not like that, these drinks aren't spiked. I meant by dancing. Trust me, you'll be enjoying yourself in an hour from now. There's no way you'll want to leave."

     She was right. I honestly have the time of my life as I dance like I never have before. The songs keep coming, and by the time I've checked my phone and see that we've been here for a hour and a half, I don't want to leave.
     Sier yells at the top of her lungs, "I'm gonna go to the bathroom!" I can barely hear her over the music but I nod my head when I make out what shes said.
     After she walks away, I realize how tired I am. My feet hurt from dancing and my throat is sore from screaming song lyrics and trying to have conversations with Sier (that have mostly been us just shouting at each other over the blaring music).
    I walk over to a couch that's over in the corner of the room and sit down right next to the armrest, massaging the back of my neck. A guy backs up into me, my sharp elbow jabbing his back and yelps in pain.
"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" I gush.
"No, no it's fine."
I freeze.
I'd recognize that voice anywhere.
"Cameron?"
The guy turns around and chokes a little on his beer.
"Cutie?"
I snort a little at the dumbfounded look on his face.
"What? Is it that hard to believe I actually come to these things?"
He regains his voice and rubs the back of his neck.
"No offense cutie, but yeah it kinda is."
I shoot him a glare, making him chuckle.
"So are you here with anyone cutie?" he asks smoothly, making me wonder if he's curious as to whether or not I'm with a guy or if he's just making conversation.
"Sier." I notice the confused look on his face. "My best friend, Sierra. She's in the bathroom right now. Actually," I crane my neck searching for her, "she should be back by now."
"I don't think she'll be coming back anytime soon." a knowing smirk plays on his features as he looks at something over my head. I try to turn and see what he's looking at, but he plops down next to me and puts an arm around my shoulder.
I stiffen.
Cameron must realize my discomfort because he removes his arm from my shoulders. "You're a strange one cutie," he tells me with a genuine smile. I can't help but notice how handsome it makes him look compared to his usual smirk.
"Why do you say that?" I reply, a defensive tone edging into my voice.
He laughs and holds his hands up in mock defeat. "Don't worry cutie. It's not a bad thing. I'm just not used to girls.......," he searches for the right word. I shrug my shoulders and offer, "rejecting you?" He just chuckles and says, "I guess you could say that. But let's be honest cutie, not many girls shrug me off when I put my arm around them."
"I guess that makes me one-of-a-kind."
He laughs softly.
Then he jumps up. "Have you drunken anything?"
I hold up my red cup. "Lemonade."
"Oh cutie," a devious look crosses his face, "trust you to be the symbol of innocence."
My face heats up. "That's so not true! I'm not innocent! I just haven't let you see the dirty side of me yet."
He cocks a eyebrow.
I laugh and say, "I didn't mean it how it sounds."
He looks at me, studying me almost. After a minute I shift a little uncomfortably.
"You look nice cutie. I-you-uh-here"-he finally says,"come with me." He pulls me up and leads me upstairs, holding my hand the whole way. We step over people who are so drunk they're passed out, weave around couples that are making out, and soon he's led me to a window that leads opens up to the roof.
"What are we doing?" I ask.
He opens the window and steps out onto the roof.
"Come here cutie," he puts a hand out for me to grab, which I do, hesitantly.
"Cameron," I say, a warning in my voice.
He rolls his eyes. "I'm not going to murder you if that's what you think."
He leads us over to the flat part of the roof, motioning for me to sit down.
"I'm going to go get you a drink cutie."
"Ok," I reply as I lay down with my arms behind my head and my eyes closed.