Chapter4//Dork

The next few days flew by, and honestly, I got better everyday. I began to know my way around the store (which doesn't say that much considering how small it is, but still), Mr. Davis complimented me on how seriously I took my work, and Cameron only got more gorgeous.
My car rides home consisted of me replaying everything that happened with Cameron during the day. I came home from the garage at around 5 each day with a dazed expression on my face. My mom would give me a funny look, shrug her shoulders, and then turn back to setting the table.
Cameron annoyed the crap out of me with his cocky comments and flirty gestures, but I couldn't help being a little giddy around him. He caused butterflies in my stomach when he stood close to me, caused my skin to tingle when he brushed up against me, and made it impossible for me to concentrate on anything but him.
The best way to describe our friendship, is the good old, cliche' saying its a love/hate relationship. I'd never experienced a love/hate relationship, but sure as heck was now. Sometimes I found him irresistibly adorable, but more often then naught, I thought of him as a egotistical jerk.
It's not that he was mean to me, it was more that he was a little too nice to me. And while a lot of girls I know (sadly), would be all over him, I'm not. I'm just not that type of girl. I'm more of a admire-from-a-distance kinda girl then a flirt-till-I-friggin-drop kind of girl.
Today is finally Saturday, and believe it or not, I've been told I work weekends. So this morning I grumpily got out of bed, glancing back at my bed longingly as I pulled on some capri yoga pants and a Abercrombie t-shirt. I usually wear t-shirts with jeans or yoga pants. It frustrates my mom a little, considering I actually have some really cute clothes. I'm honestly just to lazy to coordinate a cute outfit, so I stick with brand t-shirts (specifically Abercrombie and American Eagle) and a pair of jeans/yoga pants.
I stalked over to my bathroom, which is thankfully inside of my room, and stared into the mirror. I don't think I am particularly pretty, but I've had people tell me otherwise. I scrunched my nose as I tried to see their point of view.
I leaned close to the mirror, examining my face. Wow I've gotten really tan. I saw the light freckles that are sprinkled across my nose and cheeks, and the dark eyelashes that surround my eyes. I guess that is one thing I am thankful for, it means I don't need much mascara. My eyes are kind of a pretty blue, I thought. Out of anything, I got the most compliments on my eyes. My best friend, Sierra, described them as being "so FRICKING clear! It's like looking into the Caribbean ocean or something."
I tugged at one of my brown curls, watching as it bobbed back up. My hair was made up of a ton of tiny little curls, nothing like the tidy, big curls that I saw popular girls at my school sporting. Sometimes I try to straighten my hair, but it takes forever because my hair is so long. I've decided over the years that it's a lost battle. I mean it's not a giant frizz ball, so why mess with it?
I stood up and sighed, then grabbed my tooth brush and brushed as fast as I could. I snagged my lanyard from my desk and jogged down the stairs into the kitchen. My littlest sister, Millie, was already at the table spooning cereal in her mouth as she eagerly watched the discovery channel on the IPad. I rolled my eyes. Millie is 10, and let's just say she's a little more then obsessed with bugs. To be honest, it can be a little freaky. Especially when she decided to start her own collection. I squirm just thinking about it.
"Hey Mill."
"Uh-huh," she said back her eyes glued to the screen. I walked over to the fridge and grabbed some half and half for my coffee, when Charlie barged into the kitchen. "Where is my eyeliner?" She asked me in a accusing tone. I put my hands up in surrender, the carton of half and half in one hand. "Why would I know? You know I don't use that stuff." She rolled her eyes, popping out a hip in her typical sassy way. "Please. You probably stole it just to piss me off. Now hand it over." I shrugged her off and said, "I don't have time for this Charlie, I have to leave in 2 minutes if I want to make it to work on time." Charlie stomped out of the kitchen, probably to mom's room, and yelled, "No one in this house respects my stuff!" Good lord. Charlie is 14 and coming on full force with the teen attitude. She's constantly worrying about boys and how her makeup looks. Until this morning, I didn't realize how different me and my sisters really are.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"When do you go back to school?" I ask Cameron.
"Two weeks."
"Same for me. Since you live inbetween Gary and Hammond, which town's school do you go to?"
"I go to Gary's."
I chew my lip. That's where I go to school. I've basically lived in Gary, Indiana my whole life, and I have never even seen Cameron before. "So do I," I say trying to keep my tone neutral. "Really?" His eyes light up as he looks over at me. The car swerves a little. "Eyes on the road! Jeez you nearly gave me a heart attack." He looks back at the road. "Sorry. It's just kinda crazy how there are so many people that we go to school with and we don't even know half of them."
"It is isn't it?" I look over at his chiseled jaw and perfect profile. I must of been day dreaming, because the next thing I knew Cameron is waving a hand in front of my face saying, "Hello? Earth to Peyton." I jump a little startled. He lets out a laugh. "Come on lets go grab those parts." We both get out of the car and head inside.
      Mr. Davis sent us to pick up a few car parts that were needed and also to pick up some tools that would help get rid of the dent I made in his car.
       Inside I scrunch my nose at the strong rubber smell. Cameron walks up to the counter with a smooth slide. "Hi, I'm here to pick up some car parts. They should be under the name Davis." The teenage girl behind the counter blushes at Cameron's swagger, then flips her platinum hair over her shoulder, revealing a hot pink streak in it. She bats her eyelashes, a almost hungry look in her eyes. She looks at him and says, "Anything else for you sugar?" Cameron puts on his trademark smirk. "That'll be all." She winks and saunters to the back room to grab the car parts. A pang of jealousy stabs at me as I watch. Why am I getting jealous? It's not like we're dating or anything, he's not even interested in me. I cringe. It hurts to think he's not interested in me. I guess it's stupid of me to even want that. To even want him.
You need to stop it Peyton, I tell myself as the girl walks back in with a flirty smile, and a almost scary, determined look in her eyes. "Here you are," she smirks at him. Cameron just shakes his head and says, "Its been prepaid for, so I think we'll be heading out." He turns to me, and says, "Let's hit the road cutie." The girl's jaw drops as she watches him grab my shoulders from behind and steer me towards her to grab the package. She just stands there for a minute not really registering that she hasn't given me the package. "Oh, uh, erm-right!," she hastily hands it to me, "have a nice day." As Cameron starts to steer me out of the store, I turn around to see her glaring at Cameron's back, and muttering, "That god damned stupid idiot. What a- what-a," she pauses for a minute like she can't think of the right word, "dork!" She finally comes up with, and announces just a little too loud. Cameron turns around to look at her and lifts an eyebrow. "That's the best you can come up with?"
I stifle a laugh as we walk outside and I get into the car, setting the package at my feet. "What's so funny cutie," Cameron asks with a amused look on his face. I feel my face heat up, and he chuckles.
"Thanks cutie."
"For what?" I ask puzzled.
"You just helped me escape from yet another one of my fan girls."
"Oh please."
"No," he widens his eyes, "it's true. She was practically drooling. And did you see that freaky look in her eyes? I could feel the I'm-a-crazy-bitch vibe rolling off her," he shudders a little as he puts the gear in drive.
I laugh at that, shaking my head. He really is too cocky for his own good. What a dork.
"Hey!" I yell. Cameron slams on the breaks and we both fly forward. I wince at the sharp pain in my neck.
"Jesus, what the heck was that for?"
"It's important!"
"It better be," I hear him mumble under his breath.
"I've just thought of my nickname for you."
"Oh yeah," he smirks, "what is it?"
"Dork."
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Not my best chapter, but he has to get his nickname somehow, and how better than from a experience with one of his very own fan girls?

Please keep liking and commenting, and don't be a silent reader. I'm open for suggestions and will give you credit if I end up using an idea you have suggested.
Xoxo,
Cherry Cola