Bonus Chapter #1

Bonus Chapter

Zac's POV

It was not long before we would all be done with high school. Final exams got over yesterday, and prom was on Friday. Even though we seniors were done with our exams, our principal wanted us to attend school this week till Thursday, for classes where they'd discuss life skills. Nothing really happened though, everyone would just come and enjoy with their friends. So would I. I would hang out with Selvyn, Taylor and Rey. My Rey.

Today was Wednesday, and Rey had been acting a little strangely for the past few days. I tried asking if there was anything wrong, but she'd just give an unusual look. A little sad one. Was I forgetting something? I mean, we had decided to celebrate yearly anniversaries only, and we did this year. We even went on a road trip for her birthday. Then what was it?

My thoughts were interrupted when a heavy hand landed on my shoulder. I turned around to find Selvyn. "Hey, man! What's up?" He said.

"Uh, nothing. What about you?" I asked.

"Same old shit. What were you thinking about?"

"Nothing much. It's just that Rey has been acting a little strangely, lately. No idea why."

"Oh, girlfriend problems," he said with a smirk. "Did you forget any important date? You know, an anniversary, probably?"

"No, we already celebrated our one year anniversary. We don't bother with the monthly ones. Her birthday is over too."

"Well, you could ask her yourself, she's right there," he said, pointing somewhere to my right. I followed his glance to find Rey standing there, her back facing me while she leaned against her locker. She was talking to Taylor. I quickly jogged to there and stood in front of her, beside Taylor. "Hey, Rey. Actually I-"

I was cut off as she slammed her locker shut before grabbing Taylor's wrist and walking away. Okay, something was definitely up. I had never seen her so mad before. The only time she would act like this would be during her time of the month. But still, then too she would never walk away. She would just get very annoyed about almost everything, complaint a hell lot about back pain and demand loads of junk food. But this time, that was definitely not the case.

"Woah, that was harsh. You must've done something seriously wrong to earn that. She's never like that with you," said Selvyn, as he walked to me. "I don't know. She's never been like this before," I said.

I saw Taylor approaching us with a very pissed off look on her face. Rey was not with her. As she reached me, she smacked my head, causing me to wince. "Ouch! What the hell was that for?" I asked, rubbing my head on the smacked spot.

"You're such an idiot!" She yelled.

"What did I do?!" I asked.

"You mean what did you not do. Who the hell forgets to ask their girlfriend to prom?!" She once again yelled.

"What?! You forgot to ask Aubrey to prom?! Are you crazy?!" Said Selvyn.

"Aubrey is my girlfriend," I stated. "We're obviously going to prom together. What's there to ask?" 

That just earned me another smack on the head. This time, from Selvyn. "It doesn't matter if she's your girlfriend or not. You have to ask a girl if she'll go with you to prom. Everyone knows this. It's common sense!" He said.

"Wait, is this why she's been acting so strangely for the past few days?" I asked Taylor.

"Yes. Only two days to go before prom, and you still haven't asked her. She's been so restless about it, and let me tell you, now she is pissed," she said. Damn. Rey was now mad at me. That was not good. Not good at all.