Back Again- Chapter 2

Chapter 2

***

I just stare into Harry's bloodshot eyes, they're fixed on Sam who is now stood directly in front of him. Both of them have their hands balled into fists by the sides of them. Harry inches closer. He raises his fist ready to punch Sam again.

"DO IT, c'mon Cheshire boy do it!!! hit me!" Sam says shoving Harry's shoulder.

Harry's brow forms into a tight, crinkled frown but he doesn't budge. If never seen Harry hold out his temper this long, I'm surprised he hasn't knocked Sam out yet. Harry's fist clenches tighter and I shoot up from the chair and grab his hands.

"Harry no! please don't do this! please, for me"

"babe" Harry sighs as his fists become loose in my hands

"she is no-" Sam says before I cut him off

"shh Sam go to your next class, I'm calming Harry down" I say very quietly

"huh fine" Sam says as he brushes Harry shoulder when he leaves.

I loosen my grip on Harry's hands and lead him over to the chair in the corner, he sits and watches closely as I perch on the bed.

"Harry why are you being like this?"

"I can't help it just when I see him near you, with you, touching you it makes me so angry" He sighs as the crinkle appears in his brow again.

"I know but why can't you just get over me?"

"its never that simple though is it" Harry says while placing his hand on my knee

"why isn't it? we've got an hour since were already late for lesson"

"you w-were m-my first" He replies shyly

"I know but how does that change things?"

"you're special Libby, do you think I would have dated you for 2 years if you weren't?" He says as he smirks

"I know I was special to you Harry but after today's events its very clear we bring out the worst in each other"

"but remember all the romantic moments, the tender ones, the eye watering hilarious ones and the steamy ones" Harry replies with a swift wink

"especially the steamy ones"

A loud giggle escapes my mouth and Harry's eyes lock on me, he always loved it when I giggled. I made it sound so easy telling him to get over me but the truth is I was still madly in love with him, he just didn't know. I didn't want him to know, it would only cause more fighting between him and Sam.

"look you know you mean the world to me, why cant you just be mine?" Harry says softly as tears begin to fill his eyes

"oh Harry! you make things so hard!"

"what have I done wrong, I've only ever tried to protect you and you just throw it back in my face!" He shouts and quickly rises to his feet

"I know but you go the wrong way about it Haz, instead of being nice and friendly you go round beating people up because they look at me!"

"its only because I love you so much" Harry replies taking my hands in his.

"no Harry"

I try and pull my hands from his tight grip but he tightens his huge fingers around mine. He is no longer looking at me but you the window in the door, his eyes are fixed on something but I cant move in his tight clasp.

"Harry? Harry?! HARRY!"

"woah what?" He says as he finally snaps out of his daze.

"you were staring out into the corridor and couldn't let go of my hands"