Chapter Twenty One

It's been a few days since Gloss regained her powers, and she's just been flooded with all sorts of memories. She remembered saving many humans from destruction of the solar flares the sun gave off, and instead turned them into gorgeous lights that filled the cold, tundra skies. She was reminded of the horrid pasts when she made droughts arrive in certain areas, and when Hydra finally allowed rain to pour over the cracked grounds.

Not much else has come to her, yet. Nothing new really sparked in the kingdom. Kenya and Ashtrin were helping to rebuild the arena after the dragon nearly destroyed it. Link was trying to help Zelda with organizing her spell books and potions for the wounded guards that tried to help Gloss. Aldis's internship was suspended for a while, and Dalton was still healing from his spell. 

Speaking of Dalton's spell, it turns out that his spell was extremely deadly. To explain it on shorter terms, he basically gave his life to save Gloss. Zelda had a book filled with forbidden and dangerous spells and ingredients for potions which Gloss had kept hidden in her lab, and Aldis and Dalton had somehow snuck it out. 

The two learned all sorts of crazy things, and Gloss had scolded them both for such things when realizing what they both did. The two both laughed since she was "still that old fragment" as Aldis says. With everything that's been going on, she didn't mind being called fragment.

All the chaos so far has subsided, but there was still much on the young angel's mind. Gloss decided to go to the tree on the hill and watch the sun slowly set in the distance. It always brought her peace, and the reason seemed pretty obvious now; she was the Sun Angel.

The wind blew through her short hair, and Gloss felt something get caught in it. She picked it out. It turned out to be a sunflower. She smiled at the funny, little joke that nature pulled on her, and for that she put it back in place.

"Mind if I join you?" Dalton's voice came from behind.

"I don't mind," Gloss replied, looking at him.

Dalton was walking slower than usual, and Zelda said it was because of the spell. It had so many side-effects, and death was only one of them. It made Gloss shiver, internally, to think about what was going on in Dalton's mind when he cast the spell.

 "Is there a reason you wanted to come here?" she asked.

"If I have time, then I come here to watch the sunset," he said while jumping in the branches. "Same with you?"

"Yes, but I've never seen you walk up here."

"I climb in the tree." He held his hands out and waved them in front of the tree. "Doesn't that seem obvious?"

"Was it always on Sunday?"

"How did you-"

"That's the only day interns get off; I know the schedule for you apprentices."

"Well, you were one for only a year. How is it possible to be that advanced? Not even Master Link was that crazy."

"You think I'm crazy?" Gloss laughed.

"W-w-what?" Dalton exclaimed, almost falling out of the tree. "N-no! I didn't mean it like that!"

Gloss couldn't help herself. She just began to laugh uncontrollably. Dalton's face blushed, and he quickly tried to hide that factor.

"May I ask something?" he then said. "How does your short hair-" He reached down and touched one of the strands of Gloss's brown hair. "-become long in an instant to form a certain hairstyle?"

"My mortal form is much different than my angelic form," she answered while clearing her throat. "If I cut my hair as an angel, then it would've stayed short. But I haven't transformed in years until... you know."

"I know what?" he said. "That I saw a beautiful angel in her full form, and she saved my life? Yeah, I know that."

Dalton then slid down from the branch and slightly winced. Gloss looked at him, concerned, but he just smirked it off. 

"You... seem more worried about me than usual," he spoke, a bit of tease hinting in his voice. "What? Did that angelic form of your change your mind about me?"

"What's that suppose to mean?" Gloss asked. "That me being an angel means that I'm all nice and innocent?"

"Maybe~" he answered while pursing his lips.

"And this is why I scold you." That part made Dalton snicker. "I'm being serious here!"

"You sure about that? I think you've always been serious."

"Is that an insult?"

Dalton then stood in front of Gloss. Their faces were just inches apart from each other, and Gloss felt her face heat up. She pinned herself against the trunk of the tree as her heart beat faster. Dalton then spoke in her ear. His breath was warm, and it tickled.

"I wouldn't dare insult, or hurt, you," he whispered.

Then he kissed her. He closed his eyes, and so did Gloss. The touch of his lips were soft and smooth, and Gloss could feel her heart just pounding out of her chest. There was this feeling within her that wasn't describable, but it was such a nice feeling.

All the talk of Dalton that she's heard from Link and Zelda... she never knew that it was true. She always thought that it was just some sort of tease. Yet everything seemed to come together. His constant blushing around her, his need to help her, and even his kindness that Aldis made fun of him for. It was all because of his liking for her.

When he pulled back, Gloss's eyes slowly opened to see a red faced Dalton. His blue eyes shone like the ocean, and they seemed to be the only thing that Gloss could focus on.

"I guess Aldis was right," he then said. "I really am in love with an angel."

"I... I can't believe I was oblivious to it," Gloss replied. "Link and Zelda even spoke about it."

"Both of my teachers gossiped about me? I thought they kept that to themselves."

"Not always. You should hear the things they say about me."

"Such as?"

"I'm not speaking of them. It's... personal."

"I understand," he said while putting his forehead to hers. "But I'm pretty sure our kiss will be the talk of the town sooner or later." The two began laughing, but their kiss was something that was already seen.

And the person that saw was going to change the world.... forever.

To be continued.....

______________________________________________________________

A/N: Dun dun dun!!!!!!! Yea ik. I do cliffhangers and I'm sure a lot of other people do to. *Cough* Coora *Cough* But seriously I'm super hyped up to write the next book. You wanna know why? I ain't telling you! IT'LL RUIN EVERYTHING! Anyways the next book is called The Rage of Earth so when that comes out I'll be sure to tell you guys. That or you can just stalk my profile. XD See you guys then! Cheers~