37

- 5:16 pm -

Jia knocks on the door again, yet nobody responded. She sighed as she put the bags down, fishing out her phone to message Taeyong.

Jia: open the door, i'm waiting outside for ten minutes.

TY TRACK: it's open

"What the fuck," Jia murmured under her breath, picking up the bags on the ground before opening the door.

"Taeyong?" She called out and she heard a quiet hum in the room beside.

She slowly walked in the dark hallway, and her eyes were glued on the beautiful pictures that was hanged on the wall.

It was Taeyong and his mom. She sauntered in the small wooden desk, as her fingers brushes the lovely picture frame infront of her.

She smiled as she spotted baby Taeyong smiling widely at his mom while holding an ice cream.

She was back in reality when she heard a quiet sniff, and immediately make her way in the door.

She knock before entering, her eyes roaming around the tidy room and spotted Taeyong sitting on the floor beside his bed, and his head were on his knees, clearly that he was crying.

"Taeyong, can I come in?" Jia uttered silently, pursing her lips in the awkward silence surrounding the whole area.

He nodded, and in no time, Jia was already sitting beside him, rubbing his back comfortly.

She knows that Taeyong was hiding his emotions at the way he replies and she felt really bad for him.

And to Taeyong, he doesn't want to show the weak side of him infront of the girl who made him fall in love.

He admit it to himself. He's already head over heels with this girl, but he's scared that she might reject her. He don't want to be rejected, again.

"I bought some foods for you, let's eat" Jia forced a smile when Taeyong looked up to her with his red puffy eyes.

His hair was tousled attractively, his dried tears were clearly visible in his cheeks and he looks really pale that made Jia's heart shutter. He never saw Taeyong in this kind of condition.

"Thank you," he mumbled as Jia help her stood up, and let him sit on the bed.

She gave him a smile, grabbing some pack noodles and placing it in a cup.

"Where's the hot water?"

Taeyong pointed outside the door and he stood up, but Jia is quick to stop him.

"I'll do it, just rest." She timidly stated, and Taeyong smiled.

"I like your sweet side,"

Jia rolled her eyes playfully as she make her way in the kitchen.

Taeyong stared at her as she disappear from his sight, smiling widely at himself.

This is what I really need right now

Taeyong thought, brushing his hair using his fingers as she waits for Jia to come back.

After a few minutes, Jia arrived holding two cups of noodles carefully, not wanting to spill any.

Taeyong find it cute and he decided to watch her instead of helping.

"Why don't you help me?" Jia frowned, not taking her eyes off the two cups.

"It's cute when you're careful," He chuckled and Jia glared at him in response.

She successfully placed the cups in the table and hand one to Taeyong.

"Eat while it's still hot" She says, and he immediately slurp his food, making Jia smile furtively.

As usual, awkwardness filled around the room while they eat silently. They kept on stealing glance with each other and they would smile awkwardly when they made an eye contact.

Jia cleared her throat and Taeyong quickly catches her attention. "Sorry, taeyong. For the mean words.." Jia started, and he nods understandingly.

"And.. f-for your mom too,"

Taeyong smiled, and she clearly notice the sadness and lost in his eyes that made her wanna hug him for comfort.

"I.. I don't know if I can still live," Taeyong responded quietly, biting his lips to prevent from crying again.

"I'm happy with my life, and in a blink of an eye, my world turned upside down.... I can't accept the big change..." He muttered, looking away from Jia's eyes as he starts to tear up again.

Jia's mind panicked at the boy infront of her, and something inside telling her to hug the guy and comfort him until he calm down, but she can't move a single muscle making her sighed.

"If you don't mind.. what cause the sudden death of your mother?" Jia quietly asked as Taeyong wiped away his tears.

"She.. she didn't tell me that she's suffering from lung cancer until one day came, she collapsed on the floor and the time I brought her to the hospital... she's d-dead on arrival.."

He sniffed, and he felt his breath hitched when Jia wrap her arms around his shoulder while rubbing his back for comfort.

"I'm sorry for what happened... but.. you shouldn't give up right? You're strong. I know you still need someone who will stay beside you, and were here. Your friends are here to help you escape this sadness and doleful circumstances. Please don't cry,"

He felt a soft finger wiped away his tears and he looked at Jia, who were smiling weakly.

"That was nice.. thank you,"

Jia was surprised when Taeyong held her hands that was in his cheeks as he stared at her eminently.

The awkward silence was replaced by a comfortable one making Jia sighed inwardly. Their staring session was getting uncomfortable and Jia was close to melting.

She shift her eyes away from him, fiddling with her fingers nervously as they stay at their position.

After at what seemed like forever, Taeyong put his hand down, clearing his throat timidly while glancing at Jia who were looking away.

"Uhh, it's getting late, I guess I have to go now.." Jia murmured as she stood up and Taeyong nods in response.

"Don't forget to eat your meal, okay?" She reminded before stepping out of the house and Taeyong gave her a reassuring smile.

"Okay. I'm going back to school tomorrow anyway,"

They exchanged smiles before Taeyong walk closely towards her.

"I don't know how to express my gratitude to you for taking care of me. But I think this can do,"

Taeyong whispered, right before he gave Jia a quick peck on the lips.

He smiled teasingly as he looked at her red face and Jia immediately looked away.

"Uh, that's nothing.." She trailed off and Taeyong gave her a sweet smile.

"Bye, Jia. Stay safe," He waved as Jia walk away from their house.

He sighed heavily before going back inside the house, and closing the door behind.

****