9 ~ Who Doesn't Know the Name

I recognize that man. I've seen him several times around town, but now getting a closer look I can't help but think about it.

His hair is almost a mix between the colors of syrup and caramel, the green color of his eyes that would make a blade of grass envious. I swear I've seen him before. Maybe I knew him in another life.

He's leaned against the counter and seems to be observing everything, but nothing at the same time. He seems so relaxed here, but tense in an unusual way.

"I swear I've seen you before." I say as I walk toward him.

"I work here, I've seen you several times today. In fact I just talked to you in Rios' room." The way his words roll off his tongue, it makes you think everything is so much more clever than it actually is. He's charming, and he doesn't even seem to be trying.

"I know, but before today. Did we go to school together?"

"No, Granger, Healer Weinberg went to Durmstrang. I already asked him. And no, he didn't come for the triwizard tournament. I asked that too." Harry announced as he walks up to me. "By the way, the office needs those files as soon as possible, but at your earliest convenience."

"So, what's your story then, Weinberg? How'd you end up in London?" I ask as nonchalantly as possible. I'm not sure why, but I just want to know everything about this man.

"I was born here, but my mother moved me and my sister to Sweden when I was only a couple months old."

"You have a sister?" I ask. I'm still not quite sure why I'm so interested, but he doesn't seem to mind.

"Yes, her name was Phaedra. Sadly, she died of an illness when I was eight and she was ten."

"Phaedra? That's a unique name. Wasn't  the princess of Crete named Phaedra?"

"Yes. My mother was fascinated by Greek mythology. My sister and I were both named after people in Greek mythology."

"What's your first name?"

"Perceus."

"Nice to meet you, Perceus. I'm Herm..."

"Hermione Granger. I know."  The way he said my name, I knew I had heard it said like that before. Once. But for the life of me I can't remember who it was that said it.

"How did you know?"

"I'd know you from anywhere. You're the smartest witch of our age, there isn't a person in our world who doesn't know the name Hermione Granger."