4: To the Mall

Today has been a long day and I need some time to think about it.

I'm still not sure if I like Jeydon the way I think I do. The 'spark' I felt could've been nothing more than my mind playing tricks on me although part of me hoped it wasn't just that.

I thought about how much he made me smile. Now I'm really hoping it's not my imagination.

All this thinking put me to sleep rather quickly considering how much of a 'night owl' I am.

The next morning I jumped right out of bed, which is also quite unusual for me, and opened both my windows. I have one window facing the front of the house and one facing the left. The side Jeydon's house is on! I looked out my window to see if I could spot his room and sure enough, his room was right across from mine. Being the stalker I am, I tried to see inside.

Jeydon was still sleeping and I looked away feeling creepy. I grabbed my laptop from my desk to occupy myself. "Welcome, Sydney" was displayed on the screen as it loaded. When all of my desktop icons were loaded and all of my start-ups were started up, I went on zwinky.

~

For those of you who don't know, Zwinky is a virtual world where you play games, shop, and talk to people from all over the world c:

~

I laid back and opened up my contact list. No one worth talking to was online so I just logged out. I didn't exactly have anything else to do on my laptop so I just shut it down and put it back on my desk.

What is there to do? I blankely looked around my room starting to become bored out of my mind. That's when I remebered about a new xbox game that just came out and it looked really cool. I thought about ordering it online but then I would have to pay shipping and wait for it to arrive. No thank you. I think I'd rather just call Beth and go to the mall.

She arrived at my house about a half an hour later waiting to walk with me. I had just finished getting ready as I hopped down stairs trying to slide my shoe completely onto my foot.

As we walked past Jeydon's house I noticed him outside.

"Hiya!" I yelled over the fence.

Beth gave me a confused look but I ignored it.

"Hi Sydney!"

"This is my friend, Beth" I said pointing to her.

"Nice to meet you! I'm Jeydon" he said while waving. "So where are you guys going?"

There he goes with that smile again.

"Haha, just to the mall. I want to pick up that new game everyones talking about."

"Awesome! Do you mind if I come with?"

"Not at all"

He went inside and came out moments later with money and a jacket.

I watched him come up to us and started walking.

"I love your hat!" I said to Jeydon.

Everyone knew I had an obsession with hats.

"Thanks! I kind of have an obsession with hats.."

I sware it's like he reads my mind!

"She does too. Trust me I've seen her collection," Beth said to Jeydon.

I blushed remembering the time I showed her every single one that I owned. Which is probably almost 50!

"Wow. We have a lot in common, Sydney"

"Haha, I've noticed that too"

When we finally arrived at the mall Beth was too busy staring at some super expensive, designer clothing store while Jeydon and I ran right to GameStop.

"I'll be there in a second!" yelled Beth.

"Okay!" I yelled back.

"There it is!" I said.

Jeydon picked it up and looked at the price. "Woah, it's a little pricey"

I looked at the price and he wasn't kidding.

"If you want we can split the cost of one and then just share it" I offered.

He agreed and we both payed half. We both went to pick up the bag and our hands touched. Yep, there was that spark, We bothed paused not wanting to move our hands as the lady yelled, "NEXT!"

I let go and Jey held the bag. He had a look of disappointment in his eyes as I pulled away but tried to hide it.

"There you are!" I said seeing Beth in front of me.

"Sorry, I kinda got distracted"

She eyed her 4 bags from that designer clothing store. I wasn't surprised. Me, on the other hand, enjoys shopping at Kohl's. What can I say? They have clothes. And I like their clothes. So why pay 100 dollars on the same style shirt somewhere else when I could buy it there for 10. It was the same thing! Some people just need their stuff to have designer labels I suppose.

"What did you guys get?" she asked.

"The new xbox game!" said Jeydon sounding excited.

On the way home Jeydon and Beth got to know eachother and I was happy that so far everyone close to me liked him.

"Let's go to my house and play!" I said.

"Yeah!"

I walked inside with Jeydon behind me and saw my mom laying on the couch watching tv.

"Hey mom, we're gonna go play a video game!"

"Alright honey"

We walked into the gameroom and I set it up and sat down in an oversized chair after giving Jeydon a remote control. I started to get cold and shivered.

Jeydon walked over and sat on me.

"Better?" he joked.

"Very" I joked back although I wasn't kidding. Jeydon really did make me warmer and not because he peed his pants.

I gave him a little shove to move over. There was just enough room for both of us to sit without being squished to death. I was enjoying this.

I got up to grab a blanket for I started to get a little chilly again. I sat back down where I was and put the blanket on me.

"Hey! I'm cold too!" he said winking as he pulled some of the blanket over him which got me pulled closer to him too. I really was enjoying this.

We happily played the video game for a few hours until I started to fall asleep during a round. I was half asleep when I started to cuddle closer with Jeydon. He pulled me as close as possible and layed my head on his chest. If I wasn't half asleep I would've started sweating like crazy and probably black out.

When I woke up it was morning and Jeydons arms were wrapped around me. I didn't move, afraid I would wake him up. Instead I relaxed feeling the warmth of him and listened to his heart beat trying to fall back asleep.

Again, I woke up. This time to him moving. He had just woken up too. I looked into his eyes and he looked into mine.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to fall asleep like that!" he said biting his lip nervously. I could tell he was very embarassed.

"It's fine" I replied. "I um.. Kind of enjoyed it actually"

Oh shit. Did I just say that out loud? I prayed to god I didn't.