These kind of nights followed one after the other, and eventually everyone in the group became settled by my presence each time I dropped in. Once dismembering the group of attackers, I turned to Kaldur with a confident smile. 
"So, I spotted this really good looking Chinese place a couple of blocks down - wanna join me?"
"Sure thing, babe," Kid Flash said with a eager smirk on his face. I scoffed and pushed him away by the face.
"Not you, fast stuff." I looked at Kaldur. "You in?" He smiled slightly.
"Of course."

"So, Kaldur," I began as I swallowed a mouthful of the Chinese takeaway, "why were you and Red Arrow together that night?" Kaldur sighed and stared down at the box of noodles. 
"Roy told me about how he was looking for you, and that he needed my help. I accepted, of course." I nodded slowly and looked back at my own food.
"Is there a reason you do not join us?" I raised my head again.
"Huh?" Kaldur looked at me with puzzlement. 
"You have helped us so many times - the team, I mean. Why do you refuse to become a member?" I sighed and looked down, suddenly finding myself dissatisfied with my meal. 
"Look, I-I've been alone for so long, it just- it doesn't feel right, you know?" I glanced over at him before back down at the food, pushing it around with the chopsticks. "I wouldn't know how to fit in - I rarely play by the rules anymore." Kaldur placed a hand on top of mine, making me look at him as he stared at me with a smile. 
"We can help you - I can help you." His words slowly sunk in and I stood abruptly from my seat. 
"Kaldur, look, I'm- it's not- I can't-" I groaned. "Why is it so hard to talk to you?" I complained loudly, threading my fingers through my hair as I turned around.
"(V/N)-"
"I can't, Kaldur. I just-" I sighed. "I can't explain it. I'm sorry, Kaldur." I turned around to see his eyes full of sadness and want. Climbing down the ladder I looked one last time at Kaldur.
"Please don't follow. Just- just forget about me, alright?" 

Unfortunately, that didn't seem to be the case. Watching the news I saw that the team was starting to slack without my interventions. I hurriedly turned off my TV when my phone began to ring. Maybe it's just a sales person I told myself before I picked up.
"Hello?"
"(Y/N)?"
"Roy? How did you get my number?" 
"Uh," he let out a loud breath, "complicated?"
"Complicated?" I huffed. "No, see, what's complicated is that you left me, then suddenly-"
"(Y/N), I'm-"
"Don't say you're sorry - you've had too long to say that."
"That's not what I'm trying to talk to you about." His words silenced me in confusion. 
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"It's Kaldur. He hasn't been acting normally." I scoffed and rolled my eyes.
"So?"
"'So'? That's all you have to say after fighting alongside him for so long?" I gripped the phone. 
". . . yeah? And your point is?"
"Just- talk to him, please." I chewed on my lower lip.
"How do you know we're close."
"I've seen you talking - I think he likes you."
"Aren't you my brother? You're supposed to keep boys - wait, you've been following me?!" My question was left unanswered as the line rang dead. 

I stared as I sat hidden within the shadows of the alley way, watching Kaldur and his team fighting a couple of Cobblepot's men. There would've been a time I would intervene for information on Cobblepot; but for now, I knew that the team needed my help. Lashing out from the alley way, I struck down on one of the men, a satisfying slap ringing out as his body hit the pavement. However, the feeling didn't last long as another man sprinted over, his knife waving all over the place in his unsteady hand. As he raised his hand to strike down, a sudden wave of water devoured him. I glanced to see Kaldur, his face contorted in anger. 
"Didn't think you'd show," he growled as turned around to fight another one of Cobblepot's men. I rolled my eyes although he couldn't see it. 
"Looked like you needed the help - you're welcome by the way." I glanced over to see that Kaldur was intentionally oblivious to my words.
"You want to know why I said no to your little request?" I growled as I punched another man.
"Please - enlighten me," Kaldur replied bitterly. 
"Do you know why Roy was looking for me?" Kaldur was quiet. "It's because I'm his sister." I didn't bother to look to see Kaldur's reaction, too busy blocking a kick to my stomach and returning it with my own.
"I thought that if I did start getting close to you, you and Roy would have a falling out or something, you know? Protective brother, a guy, you know the drill. And I thought that-" A block. "I didn't think-" A punch. "I never-" Another kick. "Oh, my God, it's too hard to talk to you, you know that?" I swirled around. "Kaldur, I l-" My words were cut short as a hand landed on the back of my neck, pulling me forwards as a pair of lips slammed onto mine in a kiss. It wasn't soft or calm like those you see in the movies. This one was more angry and needy. I pulled away, gasping for air as I looked up at him. My eyes darted to see the rest of his team staring at us with hanging jaws. I grinned and looked back at Kaldur. 
"I like you, Kaldur." He grinned back, his hand still holding the back of my neck.
"I like you, too." I breathed a laugh and glanced away, pulling myself out of his grip.
"Um, am I the only one who didn't see this coming?" 
"Seriously, Wally? Out of everything that just happened, and you're more shocked about this, than her being Roy's sister?" 

~.~.~.~.~.

OKAY SO I DIED TODAY. I got home, listening to music on my phone, Marina's Trench was blaring and me being the stupid person I am, decide to fucking belt it and dance AND THE FUCKING TELECOMMUNICATIONS GUY KNOCKS ON THE WINDOW AND I SCREAMED SO LOUDLY AND COLLAPSED ONTO MY KNEES AS I CRAWLED AWAY INTO THE SAFETY OF MY LOUNGE. Please learn from my mistakes and make sure there aren't people at your house when you do this. 

Me @ myself 

Me @ myself 

Anyways if you want to request anything please do by either commenting or messaging me directly

Chika chika 

Izzie