Chapter 9

Right after Aro hit her she ran and hid in her room. She cried on her pillow for a few minutes then went to the window because she heard noises. When she got there she saw Aro and his brothers climbing up on horses. She saw Aro look up at her and she looked at him. Then he road away. She walked back over to the bed and laid there. She didn't move for a while. She just laid there and was thinking.

She got up and though for a moment. Her birthday is about two days away. As she was thinking Corrine comes in the room and knocks her out of her thoughts. Ana gets up and looks at her.

"Hello Ana." Corrine said coming in and bringing her food.

Ana then said getting up, "Hello Corrine." After a pause. "Corrine, what is the fight about?"

Corrine pauses, "Master Aro does not permit me to say."

"Please Corrine." Ana pleads.

After an hour of pleading and persuading, Corrine gives in. Corrine takes a deep breath and sits on the bed next to Ana.

"All I know is that many years ago, I was told that a king, king of the fairies asked your father for your hand in marriage. For some reason not clear to us he refused. And this war, battle, what ever you want to call it is meant to destroy everyone that you love . . ."

Ana stands up, "So my father, and Aro are to be killed in this battle?"

Corrine says nothing but nods her head. Ana then takes a deep breath and falls back into the pillows and lays there. As she is laying there Corrine sees she needs a minute a lone so she leaves the room and goes to eat. As soon as Corrine left Ana got up and walked over to Aro's desk. She grabs a pen and paper and starts to write something. After a few moments she finished and folded it up and put it in her dress pocket. Ana runs to the closet and grabs her cloak and leaves out the window. She climbs down the side of the castle and when she gets to the ground she grabs a house and rides away.