Alligence of the Dark

Zombified Ellie moved into a sitting position on her bed, dark circles marred the underneath of her eyes like permanent bruises. Using only the tops of her feet she stood up regretting it as she heard the grizzled crack of glass sheer her ears.

Oh, no. She chanted in her head afraid to look down, her eyes squeezed shut. Breathing in and out slowly through her nose she peeked down moving her feeting and groaned.

Her glasses were shattered and split into two pieces, even blind she could tell, today was just her luck. Ellie hated Mondays with passion. She squatted down and reached for them examining the damage close to her face. It was bad and it would be costly. She didn't want to think of how much the repairs would cost.

She walked a few feet forward to her vanity and placed them down gently then reached open the right drawer and pulled out her older slightly cracked glasses and pushed them onto her face then shutting the drawer. Blinking as everything became clearer.

"Much better."

Shuffling her feet back toward her bed she grabbed up her small compact phone flipping it open and quickly shutting it again after checking the time. 7:03 AM She had almost an hour to get ready and leave for school. It was more then enough time. Living in a small town had its perks of being able to be late to class. Or was it more of the reason that she was all her teachers favorite student. l

Within thirty minutes Ellie stood in front of the mirror freshly bathed and dressed in her start something burnout tee and denim stretch jeans, combing her hair out as it dried, strands of the thick red waves knotting up making her winch.

"Elwee, bweakfast is rwady!" She heard her little sister wail loudly marching up the stairs full speed, Ellie stepped out of the bathroom opening her arms as her sister plummeted into her knocking her back slightly.

"Mornin' baby sis," Ellie said squeaking her four year old little sister tightly and picking her up and slinging her over her back and walking down the stairs. "What's for breakfast?"

"Toast and eggs." ,she glanced up to see her stepmom smiling at her.

"Mornin' Momma," Ellie drawled out grinning even though she felt like shit on the inside, she put her sister down and watched her crawl into one of the chairs and chomp down on her food. God that kid was so cute!

"Morning Baby, I hope you are hungry because I made breakfast." Turning toward the oven she looked at the time, it was Seven forty five, she was pushing her chances.

"I'll grab a piece of toast, I need to go get my stuff, I'll be right down, thanks for breakfast, Mom." Most people usually don't like the stepmom but she was the best step mother anyone could have.

"Okay, Honey. Hurry up or you'll be late for school." Nodding she ran back upstairs into her vintage Victorian styled room and grabbed her bag, phone, and plain black converse. Comfort shoes. All about the comfort.

Rushing back down the stairs and into the kitchen, Ellie snatched up a piece of buttered toast and her keys, kissed her mom on the cheek, and ran out the kitchen side door toward her Silver 2011 Honda Civic Sedan.

Within eight minutes she parked herself into the parking lot of the school and got out. The population of her High School was only roughly 250 students total, that was all together from grades nine to twelve. Glancing at the front of the school it was unnaturally empty of all the students. She checked her phone time. She still had a few minutes until the first bell. Where was everyone?

Slipping her shoes on she opened up her car door and got out, shutting the door after collecting her belongings and walking slowly into the school. Then with a sigh of relief she saw that everyone had been inside mostly due from one of the students getting in a fight and being prohibited to be outside right now. She walked casually to her locker.