The Monkey

(Donnie POV)

April and I went to the lab where Dr. Rockwell was supposed to be. The door was locked, but, lucklily, it was electronic.

Getting out my T-Phone, something I had just made and the others didn't know because I haven't showed them yet. Skillfully, I unlocked the lock with my electronic lock pick.

When the door unlocked, I smiled and then said, "There'a no electronic lock that my digital Lock pick can't pick."

"Cool," April said beside me. I chuckled and smiled gleefully. It felt good, April complimenting me.

We entered the lab and saw it was just a wreck. April had a flashlight and we wondered around aimlessly, letting the scene before sink into our heads as we tried to figure out what happened to Dr. Rockwell.

April's flashlight beam landed on a lab chair hat looked somewhat like a dentist chair. "What kind of things was Rockwell working on?" April said.

I shrugged, "I have no idea..."

Then we saw a cage against the wall with the door hanging barely by just a bolt. April shuddered, "Must've been experimenting on animals..."

Then I moved toward a desk. Curiously, I opened the drawers. The first one I opened had nothing in it. The second one had a soft glow below the hidden drawer. Carefully, I opened the hidden slot and pulled out an all-to-familiar canister. Bringing it up, it was a canister of Mutagen like I had expected.

"Mutagen....?" I asked. I have it to April as I continued looking at the desk.

Suddenly, April cried out, "Donnie, look out!"

Instinctively, I grabbed my staff and blocked the attack of a golf club. Then I grabbed the wrist of the attacker and flipped them onto the ground.

The lights flickered on suddenly and I saw Dr. Falco under my grip.

"Dr. Falco?" April asked.

He cried out, "Who are you?"

"Relax," I said. "I'm not gonna hurt you."

"You already have," he growled.

"I mean... Anymore...." I said, getting up and offering a hand to help him up.

"We're just wondering why Dr. Rockwell suddenly disappeared," April said.

Dr. Falco nodded and walked to a desk, sitting down in a chair. He set his elbows on the desk while his fingers interlaced.

April asked, "The people who took Rockwell may have also taken my father. Do you have any idea on where they could've taken him or my dad?"

"I don't know anything about your father," Falco sighed. I believed him enough for that. "But this shady guy gave Rockwell a lot of money to experiment with that Mutagen stuff. I wanted no part of it... Who knows what kind of... monstrosities could come out of it," he paused then looked at me. "No offense."

"Some taken..." I said, slightly annoyed.

April turned to the animal cage that we had seen and said, "Is that what Dr. Rockwell was keeping in there? One of his... monstrosities?"

"Could we ease up on the 'M' word, please?" I asked, even more annoyed now. I can't believe April would say that... Especially in front of me.

"That's where Dr. Rockwell kept the monkey. He didn't treat it very well..." Falco explained with a deep sigh afterward.

"Maybe the Kraang didn't snatch Dr. Rockwell away," April said, turning to me. "Maybe the monkey busted out and took him away for treating him so badly."