Chapter 8

Once I got to Artemi's condo, I kinda struggled with getting out of the car. My heels might have been just a liiiiiiitle too big. I walked down the hallway and found his door. I decided to knock before I put the keys in just so he could get a little heads up. I opened the door and heard him in his room.

"Artemi!!!" I shouted as I walked into his room.

"He-" He stopped and stood there. He scanned me with his mouth open.
I snapped to try and get him back to reality.

"Woah." was all he said.

"C'mon, let's go!" I grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the condo.

"You look gorgeous, Alex.." He said, still in a daze.

"Thanks, you're not looking too bad yourself" I winked. He was in a black suit but his hair still looked the same as always. His curls were loose.

We got in the car and drove to dinner singing our hearts out to One Direction.

One we got there, Artemi helped me out of the car. We had reservations under my name so we got seated pretty fast. I kept catching Artemi staring at me anytime I looked up.

"Artemi, is everything alright?" I was worried. Maybe he didn't feel good. Or maybe there was something on my face?

"Wha- Oh yeah yeah everything is ok" He sat back and took a big breath.

"Alright, well I'm gonna go to the bathroom. Excuse me." I got up and walked out of the dining hall. I hope everything's ok.

Artemi's POV

Alex was looking beauty tonight. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her, and I'm positive she could tell. She was giving me weird looks anytime she caught me staring. I admired her beauty. Her long hair, her hazel eyes, her curves. She was beyond perfect. Was I catching feelings? I'm not sure. It would ruin everything.

One Alex left to go to the bathroom, the waiter came over. I ordered for Alex and sat by myself in silence.

"Hey, sorry about that" She said as she sat down.

"It's alright, I ordered for you." I said while looking down at my lap.

"Oh, thanks. So, when's your first game?" She said resting her head in her hand.

"In a few days. I have practice tomorrow so if you want to come by and watch, you're more than welcome to. It would be fun to have you meet my teammates" I was hoping she would agree to coming. The guys would love her and she knows English so she would be able to help me communicate.

"I'd love to! What time is it at?" Oh thank God.

"It's at 10 am. My game is the next day at 6 but I have to be there around 4" I smiled, hoping she would be able to come to my game, too.

"I don't think I have any plans, but we'll just have to see. Are you ready to start learning English?"

"Yeah, I think so. I know how to say hello, but that's it." I learned German as a kid, and now I wish I learned English instead. It was kinda hard to communicate with the team but somehow, they understand some stuff I say... or try to say.

"I'll be able to help. It's not that hard. Say 'Hello, My name is Artemi Panarin'" Whatever she said, sounded like gibberish.

"Hello, my name Ar-artemi Panarin... what does that mean?" I could tell I kinda failed at saying it.

"It means "Hello, my name is Artemi Panarin'" She said with a smile.

The rest of the dinner, she taught me a few more English sayings as we ate. I paid and we were off to my car.

"Want me to drop you off at your house?" I asked as she got into the car.

"I was thinking maybe we could stop off at my house to get my stuff, and then I could sleep over at your condo so we could go to the practice together??" She asked while looking at her phone.

"Oh yeah of course" I started the car and turned on the radio. You Don't Know You're Beautiful came on and we both look at each other instantly.

"You're insecure, don't know what for!" We sang in unison. We laughed at each other and sang until we couldn't breath.

"You don't know oh oh! You don't know you're beautiful" I pointed at her and caught her blushing. I smiled to myself and drove into her buildings parking lot.

"I'll just have to grab some clothes and my makeup. Give me about ten minutes!" She shut the car door and walked around the corner.

Alex's POV

I went upstairs to grab my PJ's, clothes for the practice, and my makeup. I was in such a great mood. Artemi made me feel so special tonight. Being back with him felt so great. Looking into his eyes and laughing was the best feeling ever. I couldn't tell if I was catching feelings for him. I mean, he's my best friend. But there's something about him now that makes me feel weird. Ever since he came back, I've been so thankful for him. Being away for him for those few months was awful.

Once I got upstairs, I packed some shorts and a gray t-shirt. I found my black jeans and put them in my bag with a long sleeve shirt for the practice. I grabbed my makeup back and slipped it in the bigger bag and headed out the door.

Once I got to the car, I knocked on the window so Artemi could unlock the doors. Instead, he thought it was funny to leave them locked.

"Artemi, come one! These heels are uncomfortable!" I yelled pulling the handle. He just kept laughing and rolled down the window.

"You're fault for wearing them!" He smirked.

"Oh, you know you like them! Now let me in!" I kept pulling on the handle.

"Alright, alright!" He unlocked the door and started backing the car up as I got in.

"Artemi!" I shouted as he laughed harder.

"Ok I'll stop now!" I shut the door and took a deep breath. As we drove to Artemi's, I looked out at all of the lit up buildings. I watched them glow as we passed them by. We drove over the bridge and I looked at the shimmering water. This city is beautiful.

When we arrived at Artemi's, I quickly took my heels off and fell onto Artemi's bed.

"Finally, I'm able to take those off!" I looked up and saw Artemi already in his sweatpants, shirtless.

"Get changed, we have to wake up early tomorrow. Practice starts at 10, we've gotta be there by 9:30!" He got under the covers and say there on his phone. I groaned and walked over to my bag to get my shorts and t-shirt. I unzipped my dress and let it fall to the floor. I put my shorts on and turned around to grab my t-shirt. Once I did, I caught Artemi staring.

"Oh, don't act like you've never seen me like this!" I said smirking. We used to have sleepovers all the time. I always changed in front of him, I didn't care. I wasn't the most insecure person, but I did have my insecurities.

He looked away smiling. I put my t-shirt on and went to get in bed.

"Thanks for letting me stay here and inviting me to the practice tomorrow" I said while closing my eyes.

"No problem, I'm glad to have you here. Goodnight Alex."

"Goodnight Artemi."