Chapter 2

JaNessa Childs

" You told her you was working late, right baby?" I ask Brendan over the phone, as I stroke my cheeks with make-up. " Of course. Are you gonna wear that dress that I like so much?" He asks, with flirtation riddled in his voice. I blush slightly, looking in my full body mirror. " Maybe I am... maybe I'm not.. you'll see." I run a free hand down my white dress, smoothing out creases. " Oh, and lose the panties babe. They are just a waist of time."

" Who says I put any on?" I say, cocking my head to the side. I smirk in the mirror admiring my red lipstick and make my way to my closet. " Keep playing, Nessa... we may just skip the dinner and head straight to the penthouse." he replies huskily. No lie, he turned me on. But, I love to make my baby wait for dessert. "But, baby I'm hungry." I laugh, picking out a pair of red bottoms, pressing my shoulder to my ear, keeping my phone on my wedged against it. "I'll be there in a minute baby. I love you," Brendan says softly. " I love you too." I smile before he hangs up. I toss my phone on the bed and slip on my heels.

I stood before my full body once again, admiring the finished product. Just like Craig likes it, sleek, sophisticated and sexy. My white long-sleeved bodycon dress fits my perfectly, hugging every single curve. My wavy Bella Dream Hair installations cascade down to my back in loose waves. The red lipstick and Cat eye eyeliner gave me a fierce look, and I loved it.

This is for my Girlfriend, Girlfriend,

This Is for my girlfriend, this is for my-

I rush to my phone and answer it, grabbing my clutch and heading downstairs. " Hello?" I say. " Hey honey boo boo!" Elise giggles on the other line. 

"Hey."

" What are you doing tonight girl? There's this thing at Zanzibar & Bren is busy working late & I got Cheyenne to keep the kids. Wanna come?" She asks. " Girl, not tonight, I've got tooooons of work to go over from the studio." I say, dabbing on a little Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana on my neck and wrists, throwing it back it my clutch. " What, can't you just do it tomorrow? We need to go!"

" I can't! It's due tomorrow.. and I damn near lost my job fucking with you last time!" I laugh over the phone. " Oh my gosh nigga! You're no fun!" She pouts. " Yea, Yea... maybe next time."

" Whatever bitch." She laughs, hanging up on me. I put my phone in my clutch and sit on my couch, turning on my TV. But, that was a waste of time because as soon as I turned it on, there was a knock on my door.

Raising up from the couch I walk to the door, being fed confidence by the click of my heels on the hardwood floor. I open the door to find Brendan standing there, looking just fucking delicious. " Hey babe." he say, kissing my cheek. From behind his back he pulled out a dozen of long stem roses. " I gotchu these."

I take the flowers from his hand and grab a vase from my table. " Baby go sit real quick while I put these In water." I walk into the kitchen while he walks into the living room, closing my door behind him. As I'm filling the vase with water I feel hands snake around my waist.

" This dress is fitting you way too well babe." He says sofly, kissing my neck. "That's exactly why I wore it." I say with a small chuckle, turning off the water & placing the roses in the vase, and the vase on the counter.

" You ready?" he asks, holding my hand. I nod & and grab my clutch from the counter, following him out of the house, locking my door. I turn to see his all white Jaguar XJL Ultimate sitting behind my  Kia Cadenza. I slap his chest playfully with my clutch.

" I told you to stop doing that." I say. " Doing what?" Brendan chuckles, looking down at me. " Parking the Jag behind the Kia, baby it makes my car look bad!" I laugh, sending him into a fit of laughter. " Now, Ness.. I done told you I'd buy you one, so you could match daddy's fly." He replies, placing a small kiss on my exposed collarbone.

" Everybody knows, this photographers assistant salary can't afford a Jag, everybody would catch on.. and we'd be caught and then the domino effect." I tell him with a pout, and he pecks my pouted lips. " I'm starting not to care if people find out Ness."

He opens the passenger door for me and I slip into his car, leaning over and opening his door for him. " You gonna lose that feeling as soon as everything starts to happen." I say with a small smile & kiss him.

 The drive to the restaurant was cozy, he had the car heated just like I like it, and the sounds of the  Anita Baker pandora station played lowly on the radio. " Baby girl, I was thinking maybe you and I could take a vacation, to Cabo?"  He says, glancing at me sideways. " Cabo sounds amazing, I've wanted to go there forever, but... how do we... ya know...?"

" Simple, I'll say buisness trip, you say buisness trip. But don't say buisness trip to Cabo. Problem solved baby." I looked at him uneasy.

I mean, wouldn't people suspect something? He says he's starting not to care but, can the two of us really face the scrutiny? I can't handle all the heavy judging, and if only Elise knew what her husband was doing when he claimed to be out working late... it'd kill her fragile heart.

" I dunno baby... seems risky." I say, glancing over at him. He gives me a dishearted look. " Can we please get away? Just me and you?" " I will think about it."

" That's all i need for now." He smiled, as we pulled into the restaurnant by the name of Roger Browns. I smiled to myself, he knew how bad I wanted to go here. I guess he could see me smiling too, as he opened the door for me to get out, because he gave me a sly smirk.

" Do I know my baby like the back of my hand or what?" Brendan said, wrapping an arm around my waist as we entered the restaurant, the air conditioning hitting us with a nice blast of warmth. He led me to a seat in the waiting area as he got our table situated. The two of us followed a waiter to our booth, kinda away from the bar and where everyone else was sitting, secluded in a romantic way.

" You look real good under these lights." I say playfully, though he did look wonderful under the nicely dimmed lights. He smiles at me and gives a little laugh, as the waiter comes again, asking for our drinks. Brendan orders me a Sangria, and for himself a simple daquiri. I run my hand up his knee and smirk at him playfully.

" You play way too fucking much mama."

(just a preview, but y'all know what to do)