Chapter 1

JaNessa Childs

" Brendan! This has to end! We can't keep doing this to Elise." I say, not really looking at Brendan. I simply don't have the balls to.

Let me break this down, Brendan is my best friends' husband, and we are deeply in love with each other. As wrong as it is, we can't stop. I'm drawn to him physically and emotionally, and the fact that he's married to Elise hasn't stopped me ... I'm a little ashamed but, at the same time. I'm not. But, I do know that this affair must end.

" Ness, you know we can't just stop this! You sound dumb even saying that. I love you." Brenden replies, standing up from my couch, which we were both on. " We shouldn't even be together..." I trail off. " I was there for you, just like you were there for me throughout the whole thing with Elise." he said sternly.

" You're still married to her! You are still her husband! You still go home to her every night!" I shout, growing a bit frustrated. " JaNessa! You know why I'm still there! Don't pull that card. You know what she'd do if I left." I sighed. " I love my kids more than I love you, Elise, and myself! I'm not gonna let her take them away from me." He said loudly, making me jump a little.

" Well... Why don't you just... stay with her, rebuild your relationship. We can both try to pretend like this never happened and you can work out the kinks in your marraige..." I suggest, looking down.

Brendan looked moved closer to me, so he was standing chest to chest with me, and lifted my face up towards him. " Ness you and both know, that we've been through that, and the only thing making me happy right now is you and my kids... you should know that." He says softly, gazing into my eyes.

" I don't want to hide. I want a man I can show off to my friends and family, and I can go out in public with... I don't want to live in secret." I say solmnly. " I don't wanna hurt anybody... " I add.

" Don't you wanna be happy too, JaNessa?" Brendan questions. " You so worried about everyone else, what about you, don't I make you happy?"

" Your supposed to make your wife happy!"

" She's supposed to make me happy, but she's not because for one she's not you and she's too busy out fucking her damn boss! I'm staying with her for the kids... I want to be with you!" he tells me loudly. His eyes soften for a moment and he wraps his arms around my waist.

" So, will you stay with me?" He asks, with his little puppy dog eyes. " You always manage to pull me back." I say with a small smile. Gently, he kisses my lips. And, I'm still sleeping with my best friends' husband.