Train

Bree:

Next Morning

Allies Base

It was the next morning, nearly the time of meeting with Howard and Peggy.

Bree was in an army uniform like Peggy's, walking in on where Steve and a woman were kissing, clearing her throat awkwardly.

They pulled away, looking at Bree.

"Steve, they're ready for us, if you're not otherwise occupied," Bree told him, walking away down the hall.

Steve followed. "Bree, wait. It's not what you thought it was."

"I don't think anything, brother," Bree told him. "Not one thing. Always wanted to be a soldier, and now you are. Just like all the rest."

"No, no, no, no," Steve told her. "She came onto me." Bree smiled a small smile. Steve gave her a look. "Which you knew about, so you're just trying to find a way to torment me."

"Torment?" Bree repeated. "I'm offended. I much prefer torture." Steve tilted his head at her. Bree smiled. "I'm teasing. But what about Agent Carter?"

"What about Peggy?" Steve asked.

"You really think that I can't see how you much you like her?" Bree asked.

Steve tried to play dumb. "Wha... I don't... I mean..." Bree tilted her head at him. "How can you tell?"

"First of all, you call her 'Peggy'," Bree answered. "Second, you can never take your eyes off her."

"Well, what about her and Stark?" Steve asked. "How do I know they haven't been... fondueing?"

Bree had to keep from laughing, shaking her head. "You still don't know a thing about women. Fondue's just cheese and bread, my friend."

"Really?" Steve asked.

"Yes," Bree answered. "Come on, now, before we're late."

"You pull of the soldier personnel a little too well," Steve told her.

"I'm going to take that as a compliment," Bree told him.

They continued to walk along.

Another Room

Howard was showing Bree and Steve weapons. He pointed at a shield. "Carbon polymer. Should withstand your average German bayonet. Although, Hydra's not going to attack you with a pocketknife." He tapped on Steve's former shield. "I hear you're, uh, kinda attached."