I can't lose you (End)

~flashback~

You sat at the table, trying to dress your wound but failing miserably.
"Let me." Tord said, walking over to you and taking the wrap. He dressed the wound, you sighing in relief when he told you it wasn't infected.
"How'd you get here?" You both asked At the same time.
"You first." You said to him.
"Well, me and my " friends" are trying to figure out a source of the zombies. Look, there's a higher power at work here."
"I understand. I was visiting my friend and then I come back to this."
"It must be terrible. Losing everything."
"I didn't lose everything." You shrugged, grabbing the black backpack with the most personal things you kept.
"I guess we're staying here for awhile."
"Yeah." You answered.
You stayed there for about a month, with Tord acting like your protector. Of course, you both had to go your separate ways. You both stood across from each other, in front of a car. He insisted you go, and leave him behind to fix his "mess". You wouldn't let him.
" no! Tord-" you began, but he kissed you, hard. You didn't fight it. You broke away, you sighing.
"Promise me you'll come back. In one piece."
"I promise."
*******
You now stood across from Tord again, he putting on the blue jacket.
"You're leaving. Aren't you?" You said, surprising him a bit.
"(Y/n)-"
"Don't even start." You said scathingly, crossing your arms.
"The military is closing in. Paul and Patryk weren't able to lose them. I need to set things right."
"You had two years, Tord! What happened?"
"You happened!"
"What does that mean?" You asked. He walked to you and took your hands.
"It means- your the one who saved me." He said, you looking up at him.
"Tord..." You sighed, kissing him softly. You could never be mad at him.
"Listen, (y/n). I have to leave. To keep you safe."
"Let me join the red army. I can fight!"
"No. I'm not putting you in danger. Not again."
"Please! I can't- no, I won't let you leave me again!" You cried, tears streaming down your face.
"I cant lose you again!" He said rather loudly, the only time he ever raised his voice. It startled you a bit.
"I'm sorry. I just... Love you too much."
"I know. Just keep your damn promise."
"I will." He said before kissing your forehead and leaving, Leaving you to begin hurting again.
*******
The last few months were complete torture. You kept watching the news, looking for any signs of action from the red army. You sat on the couch, with your knees to your chest. Just waiting for him to be at your door like always. Or maybe you'll hear a bump in the night, which will be him sneaking inside. You spent so much time with him. He was your best friend, your lover. After a year, you stopped waiting, just like before. You locked the room that was his. You shut out everything to do with him. Why? Because the best thing to do was to push away the pain. Because this was too much.
"(Y/n)?" Tamara asked, touching your shoulder. You stood at tord's door, with your hand on the ice cold handle.
"What is it?" You asked quietly.
"It's- him." She said, and you turned to her.
"Don't lie." You said.
"I'm not! He's in the living room."
"I swear, if you-" you stopped when you saw him. He turned, and he was different. A bandage covered half of his face, and his arm was a red robot arm. His blue jacket was torn, and he looked like he was in some serious combat.
"Tord-" you teared up, running to him and hugging him.
"I kept my promise." His voice was even deeper. You couldn't speak. So you only kissed him.
"I... I missed you."
"I did too. I promise we will never be separated again."
And he kept that promise. Like all the others.