Bucharest

author's note: i started to screw up since I could only see Civil War once so far, and my timeline is a mess. I said Berlin in the last chapter, but it's Bucharest. Oops. *cries in Romanian*
.............

I still had my earbuds in, now switching my music from Fall Out Boy to Beyonce, then Taylor Swift, and now, my dance playlist. Pop-Dance kept me from feeling like punching anyone, or at least, I had a good soundtrack to do it to, if it was necessary.

King- Gryffin remix, by Years & Years came on. Really?

"And oh, oh, oh
I was a king under your control
And oh, oh, oh
I wanna feel like you've let me go
So let me go"

I closed my eyes, this one was kinda mellow in its own way, but hey, I was sitting next to a king now, wasn't I? Might as well enjoy it.

The song, I mean.

Okay, maybe I mean all of it. Even as I kept my eyes closed, I still felt like those women guards were drilling holes into my head with all of their staring.

I felt someone tapping my shoulder- T'Challa, really?

"What's up?" I asked, totally pitching diplomacy out of the metaphoric window.

"What are you listening to?" he asked, like he was genuinely curious.

"Uh, well, it's my music. Here's an earbud if you want to listen, too." I said. Why not? Perhaps the irony wouldn't be lost on him, but who knew.

Surprisingly, he obliged. I passed my right earbud to him and kept the left one in my own ear. The song was halfway over, but he seemed to like it, or at least tolerate it, I wasn't sure.

Here I was, on a place bound for Bucharest with the Wakandan King sitting next to me, sharing my earbuds and listening to my music.

"Interesting." he said, when the song was over. Next on was "Sound of Your Heart." by Shawn Hook.

"You were my courage, my sword and shield, grace under pressure, my wall of steel-"

He turned to me, smiling,

"I was a storm, weighing us down,"

"This is amazing." he said slowly. I didn't miss his smile, but almost missed the blush that crept up on my cheeks as the song carried on. Oh, what I'd give to be blasting this through the soundsystem back at the Avengers compound when no one else but me and Wanda, and maybe Sam to come in and try to yell over the music. I loved this song.

"Baby I'm in love with you, Oh and I'm missing the sound of your heart beating, baby you were mine to lose, oh and I'm missing the sound of your heart beating"

"It's been a long time since I have heard American music." he said once the song was over.

"The last I heard it was when I was at university. I listened to it often then." he said.

"Where did you attend university?" I asked him, recalling how I was held back from even graduating high school, thanks to HYDRA.

"Oxford." he said casually. Oh yeah, no big deal. No big deal at all. I could feel my ears turning red from the shame of my own ineducation, but luckily my hair was hiding it.

"How come you listened to American music in England?"I asked, a tad bit proud to at least know where Oxford was. The Vision was helping me catch up a little bit on things like that- articles and scientific findings and that sort of thing. He'd told me that Oxford was that famous english university where Mr. Stark, (Tony) had once blown something up in a friend's dorm room.