Vienna: Black Cards & Chanel Gowns

"Vienna is a really historical place, I'm sure you'll enjoy it, kiddo." Tony said as Grace stepped out of the Quinjet, following him.

"Yeah, I'm sure I will. Why don't I add it to the list of places I've visited? Thanks, dad." Grace fired back. Stark wasn't the one in control anymore anyways, so she had no reason to keep her words in check.

"It's not my fault, you know. If you should be pissed off at anyone, blame Rumlow, or hell, blame His Highness King T'Chaka."

"I blame them all, especially you." Grace snapped. "You signed me up for this damn mission, and I was going to fail it anyways."

"Oh, but you had been dropping hints all over the place that you really, really, really wanted to see some action, go prove yourself like you were a musketeer. All I did was grant your request." Tony said.

Grace rolled her eyes.

"At least show us around the city before we're dragged off to rot in a Wakandan jail cell, will you, Stark?" Grace asked, as Wanda joined her, holding her single black backpack close to her body.

"Sure, I was planning on it anyways. You girls like classical music? If you don't, then you're going anyways."

"I'd prefer the opera, thanks." Grace said.

"And I as well." said Wanda.

Tony made a face.
"So you two prefer drama and high-pitched singing to soothing music?"

"Yeah, the music is boring." Grace said.

"Well then, Opera it is, I guess." Tony said, shrugging.

.......

As it turned out, there was no opera in the Vienna Opera House that night- but there was a ballet. As Wanda and Grace checked into their suite at the Imperial Hotel, Tony caught up with them, his sunglasses on:

"Sorry kids, no Opera tonight, but I think you won't mind. There's some ballet corps performing tonight, and there'll be an orchestra, so I'm sure you won't mind. Beats listening to fat people  yodel nonsensically for hours on end, don't you think?"

 Grace laughed, Wanda smiled.

"I've never seen a ballet." Wanda said.

"Me neither. said Grace. "It sounds like fun."

"Well, great, but those.. clothes, won't do for tonight. Not. At. All." Tony said, gesturing at their clothes, their black longsleeve jackets, black pants, and combat-style boots.

"So, what are we supposed to do about it?" Grace asked, squinting at him.

Tony clapped his hands. "Nat will use my Black Card and get you something girly to wear at Chanel, Burberry, Prada, or whatever the hell it's called- just not Hermes. That's the only place that's off-limits, understand? A handbag there costs more than a mansion. Be responsible, but don't embarrass me, okay?"

Grace and Wanda nodded, then looked at each other, smiling. Natasha emerged from their suite (all three women were sharing) with Tony's Black Card in her fingers.

"Ready to go?" she asked, smiling. 

.............

Five minutes later, Grace and Wanda were being driven through the gold-hued streets of Vienna, into the luxury shopping district. Sure, Grace thought, it wasn't really gold, but everything was so whitewashed with yellow tones that made it look like gold, like the place was just so above mere mortals. It was a world away from the cold, militant environment of the interior of SHIELD, or even the militant-but-kinda-homey feel of the Avengers compound, or the ghetto of Washington DC.