Chapter 1

I sat on the cheap plaid couch in my basement suite, I finally convinced my mom to give me the basement. I stared at the overlapping grey lines, light grey then dark grey, light grey then dark grey. I waited for that phone to ring for an hour.

Then I thought about when I was 8 and I was leaving for my first date. My dad found out, and he stopped me in my tracks. Then told me. "Danika, boys think about sex every single minute of the day. Your sweet and I don't wanna see you get hurt..." I looked at him and blinked. "I love you too daddy," was all I replied. Only because when I was 8 I thought I was the shit and knew everything. Turns out I didn't know shit, I thought he was just overreacting.

I began to cry, then my mom texted me. I looked down at my cell I'm going to a party tonight I won't be home till noon tomorrow, so you have to be home before 10am for your sister because she's going to a sleepover tonight and will be dropped off at 10am. So if you go out be home by 10am tomorrow.

My own mom, never even said bye to me. I was used to this though, no one ever says bye to me. My own dad didn't say bye to me before he left my life forever to live with his stripper girlfriend. Guess he couldn't look me in the face, or he just didn't have enough time. In a way I'm glad he left my life, he broke my heart more then once before that. Whats one more time on top of that? Then my best friend, Ashley Scotch, texted me.

Hey Danika are you coming to tonights party? You know its not a party without you babe! I thought for a minute, then texted Ashley back, Yeah sure I guess, pick me up in a half hour. :) Ashley replied, Okay see you then! <3

I headed to my room, and flung open the doors to my walk in closet. Every time I opened those doors I got that special rush. I grabbed my baby blue tube top, jean mini skirt, and some purple heels. Threw on a necklace and did my makeup. I loved party's and I was always ready for one. Before I left my house I checked myself out in the full length mirror. Then I walked out the door and hopped in Ashley's little white Toyota.

As soon as I got in the Toyota, Ashley cranked up the stereo and screamed along. Ashley gave me 2 bottles of beer, I opened one for her and one for me. Finally we got to the party, there was barely any room to walk in that house. The scent of pot was over whelming, %75 of the kids here were stoned the other %25 were drunk or druggies.

Then I saw a tall, muscular, guy with blond hair. I pushed my way threw the crowd, slowly making my way towards him. As I got closer I noticed his one baby blue eye, and one brown eye. I also noticed his very long beautiful eye lashes. I saw that he noticed me and I smiled. He slowly smiled back.