chapter nine // maybe i'll get drunk again.

Start from the beginning

Looks like it's all on me...

"It's going to be okay, you know," I speak softly, the awkwardness just radiating off of me. I'm not the type to comfort someone when they're upset, everyone knows that. I'm good at listening, but when it comes to giving actual comfort, I'm complete shit.

Linley freezes and looks up at me. Her chest continues to rise and fall with quick, frantic breaths. Her eyebrows furrow together as she eyes me cautiously, obviously waiting for me to yell at her some more. I can't help but to feel slightly guilty. 

Even though she may seem like the spawn of satan, she has feelings too. I think I forgot that along the way. 

"We still have all of tomorrow to figure something out," I nod, casting my eyes downward as I scuff my boots on the ground, shoving my free hand in my pocket. 

Peeking a glance at her through my eyelashes, I catch her looking at me with an expression free of anger and hatred. Her features soften as her expression nearly turns into a smile.

Emphasis on the word nearly.

She lets out a huff of air, releasing all the negative energy she had built up inside her within the last thirty seconds. Her shoulders slump as if she had just given up. It's evident in her body language and her expression that she's hit her limit for the evening.

"Christ," She mutters, pushing her hair out of her face once again, "I need to get drunk."

And with that, she heads the other way, completely pretending this little moment didn't happen. And I couldn't be more appreciative.

* * * * 

The six of us - Linley, Andi, Sable, Tea, Ed and I - sit around a table at the Drunk Tent after a good five minutes of begging the manager to let us in again, promising no more fighting. Though I could tell by the look on his face that he's not expecting us to stay true to our word. 

Linley had ordered an entire bottle of liquor herself, being completely serious when she said she wouldn't be sharing with anyone else. The rest of us sip from our glasses, looking like quite the group of people. 

"Harry's not replying to my texts," Ed frowns as he puts his phone down on the table in front of him, his lips pulling down into a frown.

I let out a sigh, shaking my head. I don't know why Harry's taking it out on all of us the fact that Linley was rude to Olivia. He knew that would happen if they met, right? I mean, c'mon. Linley isn't going to be super friendly to someone who is dating a member of a boyband. 

"Just give him some time," I roll my eyes, knowing when it comes to Olivia, Harry can be such an overprotective wanker. 

It's cute, but rather unnecessary if you ask me.

"Hey, Lins, you might want to slow down there," Andi speaks up, shooting her friend an incredibly concerned look.

I glance over to see Linley completely tipping back the bottle - already half empty - shoving her middle finger in the air at her friend. My eyes widen; I've never seen a girl drink so much before, especially not a girl of her size. 

Ed lets out an amused laugh, slapping his hands on the table in a rowdy manner, only encouraging her. I narrow my eyes, shooting him an unimpressed look. 

"What's the point?" Linley asks, her words becoming extremely slurred, to the point where we're struggling to understand her, "Tomorrow is going to be the death of my career," She moans, slumping forward on the table, slamming her head incredibly hard. She lets out a groan of pain as we all exchange worried looks.