Chapter 19 pt 2/2

Start from the beginning

Adrian sucked in a harsh breath, "Y/n- Y/n listen to me you're safe. I swear to you I won't let anything bad happen to you. You hear me? I swear on my honor." He pulled me closer, rubbing my back.

The winds picked up, it seemed to be shaking the school from all around, the building groaned in protest.

All of a sudden an earsplitting boom filled the air followed by terrified screams.

I jumped, "A-Adrian what going on" I cried.

He paled, "I-I don't know.We need to get you to a safe place y/n come on."

I nodded, "B-but what about everyone else?!"

"Don't worry once your their ill go back and find out what's going on."  He then carefully picked my up, cradled me in his arms and began walking .

"It's ok I.. I can walk." I protested, not wanting him to bother him.

"Don't worry your light as a feather."

I continued to persist but he refused to put me down until we got to a tucked away part of the library.

"I'll be back as soon as I can Y/n. Don't worry too much this is the safest part of the building, no windows and the book cases are bolted to the floor. Try to stay calm ok?"

I nodded, "Be careful."

He smiled, "I will" and ran back.

I took deep breaths and calmed myself.

I feel so useless

We have to help

But how? Adrian told us to stay here too, remember?

Yeah well I'm done playing damsel in distress

We just had an anxiety attack, chill

You're right but still

I agree

I took a last deep breath and got up.

I ran out of the library and into the nearest classroom.

Confused and frightened student were huddled together in the far corner.

"Follow me to the library, it's safe there." I rushed out.

The teacher nodded, "Come on students let's go."

"Do have a walkie- talkie?" I asked hopefully. She nodded again, "ok good make an announcement to all teachers that everyone should go to the library, hurry."

"That's brilliant, I will. " she nodded.

This would be much easier if the power was still on so the intercom worked. 

The students then filed out and ran to the library.

And that's how it went, for the past twenty minutes going from classroom to classroom that had some sort of light in it signifying someone was there, bless the soul who made sure every classroom had a flashlight. I had taken one from an empty classroom after a teacher informed me each class was equipped with one.