[25] Its Too Early

*July 29*

Minnie decided she wanted to have a baby shower before the babies came so we decided to throw one just for her. The gifts were for us because they would be our sons but she wanted the party. She was 35 weeks so we made it past the goal of when we wanted them born but she still had a whole month until her due date. Everyone from the shop had come, Niall, Louis, Harry and some of the families of the guys had come as well. We had a table for gifts but since everyone decided we needed a lot of stuff, it was soon overflowing.

We had a cake special made for the party and everyone seemed to be enjoying it.

Finally the time came for gifts so everyone gathered in the front room as me, Mike and Minnie opened gifts

Finally the time came for gifts so everyone gathered in the front room as me, Mike and Minnie opened gifts. The first one was from Zakk. He has gotten us a bath set that consisted of baby soap and shampoo, stuff like that, wash cloths and tiger hooded towels. Calum had gotten us two onesies that said ctrl+c and ctrl+v. Mika was next. He handed us a bag that had multiple shirts in there that all said something like 'my dads are fab' and 'I <3 my dads' and 'it took two dads to look this cute'.

We got multiple outfits in various sizes, some won't fit them for a few years but that's okay. Less to buy later. We got a lot of diapers, shampoo and wash cloths as well. I have to say the best gift was from Niall. He got us two sets of plaster mould. You put the plaster into the heart shaped dish and put their hands and feet on it. It's takes the shape of it and you can etch their name into it as well. I can't wait to do that when they come home.

We're opening the last of the presents when I notice Minnie clutch her belly and breath deep.

"You okay?" I ask, low enough for no one else to hear.

"Yeah..." She says and let's out a deep breath. "Just another contraction."

"Contraction? How long have those been going?" I ask.

"Um...Noon, I think?" She says and suddenly she squealed, her eyes shut and her mouth drops open.

"Okay, do you think they're getting closer and worse or..?"

"Definitely- definitely worse. Closer together too. Luke I don't want to scare you or anyone else but I think it's starting." She says.

"Shit okay. Hold on." I say and jump up. I run into the kitchen where Michael is getting another bottle of Coke.

"Michael." I say quickly and he turns around to face me. "It's happening."

"Oh god. Okay. Let's go." He says and I nod. He runs upstairs to get the bag Minnie has packed which consisted of clothes for her and stuff for the babies.

"Um...okay everyone this is kind of unexpected but the party is over. We need to get Minnie to the hospital." I say to everyone and they're confused.

"Are Connor and Julian coming out?" Harry, Ashton's brother not my friend, asks and I nod. Everyone grabs their stuff and says goodbye and we help Minnie to the car. We rush there and immediately take her to D&L. They admit her to a room and start putting monitors on the babies to hear their heart beat. We sit with her, letting her crush our hands as the contractions get more painful.

Around 10:30 at night, six and a half hours after we got there, Baby B's heart rate started to drop. They took her back to have what they called an emergency c-section and both of the boys were born healthy within a half an hour. Baby B, Connor we decided, had accidentally wrapped Julian's cord around his neck but seemed okay since they got it fixed so soon.

 They put them in the NICU to watch them and make sure nothing was wrong while Minnie went to Recovery

They put them in the NICU to watch them and make sure nothing was wrong while Minnie went to Recovery. Me and Michael sat with our two little boys in the NICU all night before they said everything was okay and we could take them home if we wish. Minnie was to stay at the hospital for the next four days because of the C-Section. We changed the boys into their take home outfits.

Connor had a fox onesie that was brown and white striped with feet. Julian had a white onesie with foxes all over and brown pants with feet as well. We pulled on their fox hats and carefully buckled them into their seats. We take them home. The dogs come running up but Mike puts his hand out and makes them sit, letting them smell the babies from afar. We take them upstairs to the nursery where they know they aren't allowed and undress them. We put them in a swaddle blankets. Connor was in my arms while Julian snoozed away in Michaels.

"We're finally fathers babe." I say and push a kiss to his lips. Our kiss is interrupted by a cry from Connor. I go to reach for a bottle when we both catch a whiff of something below. I look down when he is still crying and carefully look at his back where poop is covering the back of the swaddle blanket.

"First nappy change is a blow out. This is great." I say and he laughs. I lay him down on the changing table and unwrap him, surprised to see that the nappy held nothing. Stupid hospital nappies. We had gotten a load of the Honest Company nappies so I decided to try that. I wiped off his back and bum, making sure he was clean before putting another back on.

"Why does everyone say that's hard? That was so easy." I say and pick him back up. I wrap him in a fresh blanket and hand him to Mike who is sitting in the rocking chair.

"I'm going to change him as well because I don't want to deal with that again." I say and put him on the changing table. I get ready to grab a nappy, totally forgot to get one before I took the other off when he pees on me. Michael laughs from the chair as it drips down my shirt. I sigh and put a nappy on and wrap him back up before going to change.

"Once you've changed, bring back bottles. They'll need to be fed soon." He says and I nod. I strip my shirt off and wipe my chest off with a wet cloth before pulling another shirt on. I walk downstairs and grab two of the small bottles. I fill it up with bottled water and the powder formula stuff when I hear the two start to get fussy. I rush to finish, shaking the bottles as I run back upstairs. I hand one to Mike and take Connor, slipping the nipple of the bottle into his mouth. They quiet down easily and end up falling asleep as they finish.

We lay them down and take the swaddle off. We place a dummy in their mouth and step out of the room with a baby monitor. I shut the door and spin Michael around to pin him against the door. 

"I have another baby that needs to be taken care of and its begging to be taken care of." I sniper against him. He smirks and pushes me back, connecting our lips and leading me to the bedroom.

The babies are here! Wooo!