Chapter 1

Riley's POV

I sighed as I came to yet another dead end. This school was a maze.

"Can I help you?" I turned to see a guy with dark hair and dark green eyes. Hopefully he knew where he was going.

"Yeah. I'm kind of lost. I'm looking for the registry office." He chuckled softly.

"Damn, you really are lost. The registry office is on the other side of the school." I blushed and looked at my feet.

"Come, I'll show you." I smiled and walked by his side through the halls.

"I never got you name." He asked after a few moments.

"Riley. Yours?" He stuck his hands in his pockets and sighed.

"Wesley." I smiled at his embarrassment.

"Don't you dare laugh." He scolded me sarcastically.

"I'm not. Honestly." I held my hands up in fake surrender.

"I'll just call you Wes, if you don't mind." He laughed just as the bell rang for second period. I was really late for class.

I watched as a girl came and clung to Wes' arm.

"Lia, I told you to stay away." He almost growled at her. The girl just giggled and walked off.

"Who's she?" I asked curiously.

"A slut." He answered abruptly. My eyes widened at his blunt tone.

"Plus I don't swing for that team anyway. I'd tap a guys ass faster than a bitch can tweet and delete." I could help but burst into laughter at that.

"Let's go." I nodded and followed him through the hallways.

"So, did you just move here," Wes asked.

"Yeah, I had some trouble at my old school so we packed up and moved states." He looked at me with pity.

"What kind of trouble." I sighed.

"The kind where I got.... Never mind. I'd rather not relive my past." He didn't push me about it but I could tell he was curious.

Nobody could find out.

"Here we are." He said as we came to a door labelled, 'reception'.

"You want me to wait and show you to your class?" I looked back at his as I walked through the doors.

"Please." He nodded and followed me in.

There weren't as many people here as I was expecting. Just a couple working, and a few sat in the chairs outside of the principal's office.

We walked up to the front desk to be greeted by a nice looking woman who was probably in the late thirties.

"What can I do for you young lady?" She spoke with a smile.

"I'm here for my schedule."

"Of course," She rummaged through a few papers before handing me a small plastic folder.

"Riley Parker right?" I nodded.

"Good. In here is your timetable, locker combination and some work to catch up on seen as you've missed a few months." I thanked the woman and me and Wes walked out of the reception.

"Was it just me or was she too perky?" He laughed and led me to my locker.

"Mines that one." He pointed to a locker across the hall. At least it was close.

I opened my locker and saw a pile of textbooks inside.

"The school provides you with textbooks every year. Pretty cool right."

"It's a lifesaver." I admitted as I grabbed the English textbook.

"I literally came unprepared." I shut my locker and we walked to my English classroom.

"I have the same class so at least you don't have to go in alone." I let out a breath of relief.

I opened the door and walked to the teacher's desk, ignoring the eyes that watched me and Wes walk in together.

"Are you Riley?" He asked me.

"Yes sir." He eyed me cautiously.

"Sit down. Carry on like the rest of the class, who actually decided to arrive on time."

Well, I'm sorry that I'm at a new school and I have to fucking clue where I'm going.

"Excuse me?"

Fuck, did I say that out loud?

"Yes, you did Miss Parker. See me after school for detention."

I rolled my eyes and took an empty seat at the back of the class.

"Now, let's continue. Hamlet is a revenge story that is perhaps like any other- a son's quest for avenging his father's murder. But it has been said that nothing is new under the sun." I grabbed a notebook and pen out of my bag and stated taking notes.

From the corner of my eye I caught one guy staring straight at me.

I ignored him and carried on writing.

I had a feeling this day wasn't going to go so well.