/5/

"Where's our daughter, Nicholas!?" Queen Emerald asked her husband frustratedly after realizing that their daughter— their only daughter— is missing.

"I have no idea." The king said, shaking his head.

They already asked their knights, maids, archers, clans, and the villagers in Seraphilia about their missing daughter, but they said they have no idea.

Until a 5 year old villager came to their throne. "my king, I saw thy daughter riding on a horse with a prince."

He may be an innocent child, but he honestly saw the princess.

Because the king is stressed, "Did thou know where's they go?"

The little kid just shook his head.

Meanwhile, the owl went back to the princess, who's still under the well, biting a long vine. he fell it down through the well after tying its end on a strong nearby tree trunk.

The princess climbed up through the vine, while her trustworthy company waited for her until she reached the top of the well.

Unexpecting for the princess, her owl brought her a coconut. She frowned before holding it with her hands.

She crashed it on the tree, and a sweet coconut juice brimmed down its crack.

She quickly drank it, because she's been thirsty the whole journey.

She sighed in relief when the juice ran out. "Thanks, Magnus." She thanked at her owl company, who almost saved her life from thirst.

After that, she continued walking through the wild forest with her owl flying behind, until the sun goes down, and the stars popped out.

It's getting dark and cold, so the princess rested in the woods for a while.

She's tired, and she wants to sleep. She decided to sleep on the grasses, with her head resting on a big stone.

Her body is trembling because of the temperature in the place. She hated the cold and dark. A Lot.

In the middle of the night, she cannot sleep, because of the commotions she hears from distance.

She expects for... wolves...

That thought reminds her of her father— King Nicholas, the king of Seraphilia.

Since she was little, her father used to tell her bedtime stories before the little princess drift to sleep. But the story is just about one thing— wolves that eats humans who's in the middle of the forest.

She looked up the sky, and there's no star shining bright, except for one— which she assumes that it's from Prince Natan.

She do have fond on the charming prince. She's almost in love with him, but she can't yet, because she's too young to fall in love.

She yanked the seashell from her satchel. She sighed in relief when she held the seashell in her hand.

The sun rose up to the sky, and it made the poor princess blink her eyes several times.

She stood up, and sighed frustratedly while running her fingers in her black hair.

"Where Am I going now?" She asked herself as her barefeet let her walk through the forest.

She continued walking while her owl is resting on her shoulder. She's filthy and scratchy. So far from an image of a princess.

She look like a homeless hobo. The brown Vintage dress she's wearing right now is her most favorite dress, because her villager friends made that for her. But now... she's sincerely disappointed at herself because she just let it torture by the thorns.

After a few hours, she saw a small cottage standing. She just realized that... she's finally in the end of the forest.

The owl flew up on her head, signaling her to carry on. Exhaustingly, the princess laid down the grassy ground, and she felt herself passing out.

Who wouldn't? She just walked through the very end of the forest.

She can't take it anymore, so she felt her eyes closing. The last thing she saw is a middle aged woman and a boy.

She wanna open her eyes again, but it's too late. The darkness already took her sight.

---

Sorry for the short chapter.