Chapter 4 (Edited)

Depuis le début

" ..if you have found your mate, and he can marks you, then there is a good chance where you might survive." No this wasn’t happening to me.

My only survival had rejected me long time ago. I couldn’t just go to him and beg for my life. I do look soft hearted and very fragile, but I still had a damn high pride. I wasn’t going to ruin that just for begging him for my life.

But also there wasn’t any other choice. No matter how much of a bad life I had, it was still impossible to think of actually leaving it forever. Life was bitter, but yet it was strangely sweet.

I just wasn’t ready to lose my grip in life yet. At least not now.

"Thank you doctor." With that, I ran from the clinic as fast as I could before anyone discovered my complete mourn and terror face.

No one knows for how long I ran with a tearful face. It was tiring, but yet pleasing. The cool breeze of the weather was enjoyable against my hot sweaty skin. I ran and ran until I crumbled down on small peddle of liquid.

A sudden gasp appeared from behind stopping me from getting up. Immediately looking behind, I saw Dixie’s feared face.

She actually looked way smaller than she looked behind the desk. Lord the girl was even smaller than me. Her oversized shirt covered almost all of her form, hardly leaving her flesh noticeable.

Slowly, she started walking towards me with a hesitant pace. As she reached my sitting form, she bent down and took my hands in hers. Looking shocked at our joint hands, I soon noticed I was covered in filthy mud water. Felling disgusted by my weak self; I stared at her like a helpless fool I was.

She was the first person in this whole wide world who took her precious time and ran after me. I was feeling grateful for her small gesture, yet utterly ashamed.

What would father and mother think if they see me in this condition? Even the thought of it brought a shiver down my spine.

"What’s wrong Jenna?" She asked softly with concern.

Her tone was very comforting, but I felt too embarrassed to spill such foul behavior. I shook my head looking down. I couldn't face her.

I was a simple sore loser who was stuck up in this incredibly boring and defenseless life. I couldn’t even make my mate desire me and my family to accept me. Was I that useless and helpless that I couldn’t even offer myself a little strength?

"What’s wrong Jenna, what did the doctor say?" She asked again shaking my hands to get a little reaction from me.

"I have a cancer." And the words were out.

 I felt so weak and sorry for myself that my voice was barely a whisper. Another gasped escaped her lips and suddenly I was in her warm embrace.

It felt so foreign to be hugged and comforted by another soul. It was a good sensation, like you weren’t actually the only lone person in the word. But somehow it made me feel utterly uncomfortable with this new action.

The people that I've known my whole life has always been doing the opposite. They have always pushed me aside and made me feel stupid, humiliated and simply unwanted.

I couldn't help but hug her back with a great force. At that moment, I let all my guards down and bursted into a great breakdown.

The soft whimpers of pain turned into sobs, and soon the sobs turned into hysteric wailing. Never have I ever thought I would have this sudden reaction towards anybody. But to be honest, it felt good.

It felt so good to finally let everything out and burden yourself into someone else’s shoulder.

I kept on crying, and she like a long best friend, kept on comforting me. Not once did she try to stop me. But urged me to keep on crying and let all the sadness that my little soul held captive, out. After God knows how long, I was left with no more drip of liquid in my system to shed.