1. Little Wolf

KIKI

I groan and punch my alarm clock, turn in it off. Today makes nine months since mom died, today also makes three months of me being out of the hospital. I can't go back to school, and I don't live at home. I've gone back and forth from Sam's and Jared's since they noticed I couldn't even go back into that house. I pull the blanket over my head and bury my face into the pillow.

"Kiki, you need to get up." Emily says from the doorway. I slowly pull the covers off and sit up. I run my hand through my hair. "I made muffins!" She says half cheerfully. I get up and grab a hoodie before pulling it over my head and walking to the kitchen grabbing a muffin. I plop down on the couch and take a bite of the muffin.

"She'll phase soon, her and Embry both." Sam whispers to Jared. We aren't supposed to know about the whole wolf thing, but I dig around. Embry doesn't know, Quil might, Jake definitely doesn't, I'm not sure about Seth yet, but I'm probably the only one that hasn't phased yet to know.

"Hey! Why does she get a muffin!?!" Embry whines from the door.

"It's the only way I could get her out of bed." Emily states. I smirk at my brother and he rolls his eyes. He walks over and eats the rest in one bite. I punch him in the arm.

"That was mine asshole!" I raise my voice from the soft, outspoken tone I normally speak in. He jumps back with wide eyes. Sam and Jared share a look with each other.

"And that hoodie is mine, but you don't hear me complaining." Embry sasses back. I stand up and cross my arms.

"If you want to play that game- that hairtie on your wrist is mine, that shirt is mine, those keys are mine, oh yeah, and that truck is mine." I retort. He rolls his eyes and throws everything at me. I take off the hoodie and throw it at his head.

"Kiki, why don't we go for a walk." Sam says.

"Gladly." I smirk before pushing past Embry and pulling the shirt over my head. We get a distance from the house and he glances at me.

"You already know about- us - but what you don't know is you're probably already starting to phase. You're sixteen, and you've been through a lot. Soon you'll be phasing when you can't control your anger, you'll almost always be angry for a while. Your body temperature will always be ridiculously high, and you can't go around the others that haven't phased yet, until they do. If I were you, I'd go hang out with them while you can. Girls normally phase faster, so you don't have much time." He says as we walk through the woods.

"Why can't I go around the others?" I ask.

"Because, they aren't supposed to know, even though I'm pretty sure Jacob does, but it's not just that. You'll be out of control for the first few days after you fully phase, then you'll still be working on control for weeks afterward, and you'll have to stick around the rest of us until you have enough control. Then you can go be with them, as long as you don't wolf out and attack them." He replies.

"You thought I would've hurt Embry, didn't you?"

"No, I thought you would've killed him, and I figured I'd tell you before you were already phasing." I nod and look out over the cliff.

∅∅∅

The truck tires roll down an unpaved dirt road. I haven't driven in a while. I'm really not supposed to be driving now, but I am anyways. I pull in beside a truck and a car and get out. I twirl the keys on my finger and walk toward the garage that we used mainly just to fix things now. I shove the keys in my pocket and purse my lips at two piece of shit bikes.

"Where'd you find these?" I scoff at Jake, who has his hair pulled into a bun at the back of his neck.

"Bella saved them from the junk yard." He replies holding a wrench with his teeth.

"Do you need help?" I half chuckle walking over beside him. He smiles and sets the wrench down.

"Hold those two wires together." He says. I hold the two wires together and he twists them together.

"When was Bella here?" I ask twisting two other wires together.

"She left about five minutes ago." He glances up at me, we both smile and go back to the bike. "I heard you and Embry got into it."

"Yeah, but it was stupid." I shake my head.

"Dad told me that you were going to phase soon, that I probably wouldn't see you for a while." He plugs wires into the motor.

"Who said I abided by the rules? I'll find a loop hole and get away from them long enough to see you." I smirk. I hear my heart beat increase slightly.

"Of course." Jake smiles at me.