"It's the same thing, Tallulah." He glares.

I sigh in frustration before saying, "You know why I hid it, father; because I would have received the same reaction that you gave me hours ago. How could I tell you? I know the rules and the consequences."

"If you do know them then why are you doing it?" He hisses, his tone begging for an answer.

"Because I love him!" I raise my voice. "I don't care about those stupid fucking laws; I mean, excuse me but you are all brainwashed. It's twenty—fifteen for Lyara's sake, how close—minded are you? Not a single person in this village likes these rules—hell, no one even follows them! This village is being controlled by the wrong people, and I'm sorry that I'm saying that, father; but I cannot give two fucks about the consequences right now because I'm already fighting."

"Watch what you're saying, Tallulah! We've been under—" My father starts shouting but thankfully, the knocking on the door interrupts him.

He shoots me a look of disappointment before walking towards the door. Sighing, I fall back on the chair and breathe out and in. Another problem with my father is not what I need, definitely not now and not under these circumstances.

Instead, I should be thinking about what is next, I should be planning what to do, and I should be telling my best friends about it; being on my own will be no help, I just hope that they approve of the idea that I have on my mind.

"Tallulah, it's for you!" My father calls for me and I immediately go to him.

On the door, I'm surprised to see Sir Artair standing with his hands behind his back. Looking back and forth between the both men, I say in confusion, "What is it?"

"Why did you not go to your training?" My father asks and I raise my eyebrow.

"I don't have any—" I start, though Sir Artair quickly cuts me off.

Giving me a look, he says, "Yes, you do, Tallulah. You probably just forgot."

I notice from the sudden appearance, the look and his tone that there is something else, that he is not here just because 'there's training'. Stuffing my hands in my pockets, I shrug casually to play it cool and say, "Oh, yes! Sorry, I'm going to change immediately."

"Sure," Sir Artair nods. "I'll be waiting here."

I look at my father, who nods his head towards my room before I dash off. Quickly, I take a two—minute shower, put on my clothes and pull half of my hair in a bun. As I get out, I take a big gulp of my father's coffee on the table to sober up. I didn't get any sleep, and I need something to get me through the day.

"I'm ready!" I announce, cutting off the conversation that is going on between my father and Sir Artair.

Sir Artair grins and says, "Great, let's go. Thank you for your time, Sir."

My father nods, shaking his hand before Sir Artair and I head off.

"What is it?" I ask as soon as my house is out of sight.

He looks at me with a frown before saying, "There is something that you must see."

Feeling my heart beats quickening, I ask frantically, "What is it? Tell me!"

I notice that we are walking towards the Lyara's river, which makes no sense at all. I stop on my grounds and hiss out, "Tell me what is going on!"

"Someone is hurt," He replies with a clench of his jaw. "Conall did it."

As a whimper falls out of my mouth, my heart falls to my feet and breaks. What I feared the most has happened. Someone is hurt. It truly does start now, just like what Artis said.