Chapter 12 ~ Awkward

Mayerie's POV 

“Where are you now, Mayerie?” Josh asked me over the phone.

“I’m stuck here, along EDSA.” I said and hung up the phone.  But the truth is,.. I just woke up. Darn it! I woke up late today and forgot about my bench clothing pictorial.  Kung andito lang sana si Karren.

To: Josh

Don’t bother to call me again. I’m driving, okay. Don’t worry I’m on my way, just give me 45 minutes honey. Traffic kasi. Seeya!

 I texted our photographer, maharot din ang lalaking ito kaya nilagyan ko ng honey sa dulo and I know he likes me. I took 15 minutes for a shower and 5 minutes for the make-up. Sht! Ayoko ng namamadali ako and I’m blaming Jane for this.

“Good morning Jade, breakfast?” Jane greeted me with an annoying smile when I arrived in the kitchen to make some coffee before I leave. I just gave her a what-the-heck look.

“Pancake?” she offered coffee and a plate with pancake.

“No thanks.” I forgot the purpose why I’m here. I just went to the sala and grab the clothes that I’m gonna use later. Pero hindi ko kaya, ang dami nito.

“Need help?”

“OMG!” I was stunned when Jane whispered. “What the heck is your problem Jane?!” I glared at her.

“I have no problem, I guess you’re the one who had.”

“Well it’s none of your business, just don’t interfere.” I told her and went outside. It’s too heavy. Kakainis! Sino na lang mag-aasikaso sa akin mamaya? This is my first time to go in a pictorial without a chaperone.

"Amin na nga yan! Stop act as if you’re okay and please pakibabaan yang pride mo..." she left me in a half opened mouth. "Your key?" dugtong niya pa habang nilalagay yung mga gamit na dala ko kanina. 

 I walked towards her. "What are you doing?" I asked her calmly and she just shook her head.

"Paano ko ba 'to sasabihin.. hmm.." she massaged her temple, parang nag iisip pa kunyari. 

"What?!" 

 "Could you stop yelling at me? I’m here to help you and offering you na maging chaperone mo ako sa pictorial mo!" tuloy-tuloy niyang sabi.

"Hahaha! Are you serious?" Bad spirit, please leave her alone.

"Oo naman. But if you don’t want, then it’s fine with me, rest day ko ngaun. No school and no work later.” Wow lang talaga pero masama tumanggi sa grasya.

“You insist, now drive for me.” I gave her my car’s key.

“I said chaperone not a driver.” I heard her muttered before entered the car. 

Let us say that Jane has a potential to be car racer. Gosh! We arrived in studio within just fifteen minutes. I am thanking her for that, but every time she takes overtake to other vehicles I felt like I’m digging my own grave.

“Pose like you’re a sophisticated babe.” Josh said. He’s the photographer.