Chapter One: Shut Up, Would You?

Disclaimer- I do not own Harry Potter. Or Kings and Queens by Thirty Seconds to Mars.

Hey everyone! Okay, yes, this is late. So late, I wonder if people will even bother to read it. Though I've had this chapter done since September, I've either been to busy to post... or too lazy. I know, I've gotten really bad with posting lately. I'm sorry you guys. But I'm trying. I think I'm actually going to try and write about half of the story before I post again. It'll just make it easier. And also, thank you for reading and sticking with me since last December. Can you believe I've almost been writing this series for a year now?

Enjoy!

Chapter One: Shut Up, Would You?

James Potter yawned and sat up in his small bed. His eyes opened to meet a room decorated with red and gold, his house colors from Hogwarts. The size of the room wasn't large, James noticed, as he blinked sleep from his eyes. Medium size, he would say. James liked it though. Besides, he wasn't even there that often. Two or three months in the summer and a few weeks for holiday.

Eyes widening, James Potter realized something.

He was returning to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry today.

                                                                               ~_-_-_-_~

Rose rested her head on the palm of her hand, closing her eyes. In her thoughts, she was counting the seconds until Hugo ran down the rickety stairs, screaming about how he was finally going to Hogwarts this year.

Three, she tapped her fingers impatiently on the cold countertop. Two, she opened one eye to peek at the staircase.

One!

"I'M GOING YO HOGWARTS! BLOODY-!"

"Watch your language, please, Hugo!" Hermione mildly scolded, looking at her youngest child and only son.

"Mum?" Rose piped up. "When will breakfast be done?"

"Soon, poppet," Hermione replied, her eyes drifting from Hugo to Rose. "After that, we'll go to your grandparents, then King's Cross."

Rose nodded, closing her eyes as her energetic brother sat down noisily next to her.

                                                                                 ~_-_-_-_~

Selena ran past her brother's room, straight to her sister's. "YO, SOFIA!" She yelled, tugging on her own black hair with purple streaks into a ponytail. She began screaming random nonsense.

Sofia looked up at her rather loud and obnoxious sister. "Er, Selena? What does that even mean?"

The girl shrugged, yawning. "Like I'd know. I just saw a bunch of muggles saying it on the interwebs!"

"...Interwebs?"

"Another word for internet. Merlin, Sofia! You're behind on your muggle terms!"

Sofia frowned as her wild sister. Interwebs? Really? At this rate, Selena wouldn't remember anything from the wizarding world.

Selena flailed her arms, smiled one last time at Sofia, then walked out of the room.

                                                                          ~_-_-_-_~

After that extermely random and crazy attack created by Selena, Sofia quickly pulled out her iPod, searching through multiple muggle songs she had downloaded at the beginning of summer. Tapping one finger lightly on the screen, Kings and Queens by Thirty Seconds to Mars began to play.

Sofia countinued with her packing, singing along and smiling all the while.

"We were the kings and queens of promise,

We were the victims of ourselves,

Maybe the children of a lesser god,

Between Heaven and Hell,

Heaven and Hell..."

                                                                                 ~_-_-_-_~

"I'm going to Hogwarts! I'm going to Hogwarts!" Lily sang, running excitedly down the stairs. She began to jump around the large kitchen table, grinning and still singing.

"'M ryig' 'o eaf b'eakfa't!" James yelled at her with a mouth full of of pancake.

Albus bit into his own pancake, not even noticing Lily running around and the yelling coming from James.

"Whatchya thinkin' about, Al?" James asked after being scolded by Ginny for speaking with his mouth full.

Albus blinked several times before setting his attention on his brother. "Huh?"

"What are you thinking about?" James repeated.

He shrugged, taking another bite of his pancake.

"I'M GOING TO HOGWARTS! Did no one hear me?"

"Shut up!" both Albus and James yelled at the youngest Potter in unison. James was used to yelling at his sister (or anyone annoying him in general), but Albus wasn't (he never had yelled at Lily before-- he always defended her) and felt a bit guilty.

He shook it off. It's not like Lily had run off crying over it, right?

"You three are packed, I hope, or you'll be going off to school naked!"

"I'm sure the ladies wouldn't mind," James declared, a small smirk playing on his lips.

"EW!" Lily jumped up from the seat she had been sitting criss-cross-apple-sauce on anf fleed from the room.

Albus ignored his brother's comment, walking to the living room and sitting on the rest he had tugged down from his room earlier that day.

                                                                               ~_-_-_-_~

"OH MY MERLIN. THE ITALIAN MAFIA--!"

"WOULD YOU SHUT UP ABOUT THE MAFIA?"

"ITAL-!"

"SHUT UP! PEOPLE ARE STARING!"

"BUT THE ITA-!"

Slap.

Selena jumped, her hand flying up to her cheek. "Sofia! That hurt!"

Sofia rolled her eyes and sped off, meeting her brother at the enterance to Platform 9 3/4.

                                                                                 ~_-_-_-_~

Well? How was it? Good? Bad? Please tell me in the comments! Thanks for reading!

Peace. Love. Anime.

~goddessoflife~