Deceit

"Gideon." I call. "Dipper." I wonder where they are.  Suddenly I hear sniffling coming from the museum.  It's Giddy. "Gideon.  What's wrong?"

"Your boyfriend. That's what."

"You mean Dipper?  Why."

"He just threatened to kill me if I didn't give him the journal.  And he cut part of my neck." He sobs.

"Dipper wouldn't do that."

"Face it Pacifica, Dipper is insane."

"I refuse to believe that."

"He's silent, he had a folksy accent and dropped it and tried to kill me.  I swear his personality changes.  If I were you I'd stay away from him." But you aren't me.

Switch P.O.V

I pace back and forth.  What have I done?  There's no cure for his crazy.  And just transferring it to my self didn't work at all.  Now my amulet is destroyed and Dipper is now a full fledged psychopath.

"Oh wretched sister of mine." Dipper, I mean, Jonathan calls.  I can't resist walking over to him.

"Yes, brother dearest." I gag.

"I need you to go to those Pines and question them on the terms of the journal. Where they found it, who wrote it, where the other is, who wrote it, etcetera, etcetera."

"You asked 'who wrote it' twice." I reply.

"I don't care! Just do it!" His temper is starting to go off.

"Yes, Brother." I sigh as I head to the Pines residence unwillingly. I walk up the steps and knock on the door.

"What. Do you want to kill me too?" A boy with white hair asks.

"I don't want to be here. But I have to be. I was sent to ask questions about the journal."

"The journal that you two stole."

"I apologize for my brother's actions recently. They are side affects."

"Gideon, who's at the door?" The blonde asks. She looks through the door. "You're the worst." She says and slams the door in my face. I probably deserve that. I knock again.  The door opens.

"Do you want to try to kill me again?" She asks. 

"I've thought about it." I slam my hand on the door before she can close it.  "Wait, sorry, old habits die hard." I grin. "I need your help."

"With what?" She scoffs. "Can't use your magic to solve it?"

"Unfortunately, no.  Dipper, Jonathan, is what I need help with."

"I told you, Pacifica.  He's insane." The boy mutters.

"The boy is right."

"Uh, my name's Gideon."

"Anyways, Dipper does have...an issue.  This isn't my first rodeo when it comes to Jonathan.  When we were eight, we were visiting family at a barn in the south.  And he walked to the backside and there he was hammering animals to the wall.  He looked at me, but it wasn't Dipper.  His eyes were soulless."

"What does that have to do with your insanity?"  Pacifica asks

"I'm not insane, I'm-"

"That's what an insane person would say." The boy says.

"The amulets do more than make things levitate or allow wearers to read minds." I sigh. "I was channeling his craziness into myself.  That's why we both had the amulets bound together by a spell, of course he doesn't know.  But he crushed my amulet to a pulp."

"So your amulet is destroyed.  What does that mean?"

"He will keep going further and further into insanity and probably start killing things and people again.  And eventually my anxiety will return."  I mutter the last part.

"So what do we have to do, to get him back to normal?"

"We'll have to find the cavern where we found the pieces, but I don't remember where it is exactly."

"Gideon does."

"What?!" He jumps.