(8) The Perfect Costume

Start from the beginning

“I got you,” I completed, giving her a tackling hug. We laughed and tried on different parts of Georgina’s and Kim’s costumes as they started the decorations downstairs. I could just imagine how amazing the streamers would look, draped from every corner of the house and twirling down the staircases railings. Georgina in particular was very artistic and loved making different crafts and jewelry for her family and friends. Kim was….Kim was good at being pretty.

“Donovan is going to love this costume!” Flora said, picking up the bust of her costume to make her breasts look larger, and at the same time glanced at her butt in the mirror. “Who couldn’t love this costume? My butt looks amazing!”

I shook my head as I started down at my green-painted toe nails. I decided to tighten my costume back up and attached the skirt and wings to it, as well as the sparkly green headband that nestled perfectly in my wavy blonde hair. Flora put sparkles around my eyelids and a soft lip-gloss on my lips, as well as eyeliner and mascara to emphasis my grey-blue eyes. I refused to move the bra that was settled in between my breasts, encase something of the night was worth taking a photo—plus I had the sharpie drawings I drew on the girl’s faces engraved in the memory of the device.

I couldn’t let those go to waste.

As I stared at my toes, humming to myself, a wind kicked up inn the room, ruffling my hair. I lifted my head up to Flora, who seemed unfathomed by the breeze and walked into the bathroom with, “My hair isn’t straight enough!”

I froze, as I realized I would be all along in the very room I was almost suffocated in, only moments before. I surveyed the room one, twice, and then folded my hands in my lap, staring at the bathroom door. The icy air that crept down my spine and spread down my legs, leaving an uncomfortable trail of gooseflesh. An all too familiar feeling.

Someone was watching me.

On cue, the bed creaked gently, as if someone heavy leaned their knee on it from behind me and was testing it to see if it would break. My breathing quickened, as another creak echoed the dead silent air, seeming closer to my sitting position.

Don’t look, don’t look, I told myself over and over again pleadingly.

I slowly glanced into the mirror that was angled on my bed, and let out a sigh of relief. “I’m not crazy,” I huffed, sitting more normally on my bed.

I digress. You’re obviously losing your mind, a husky voice whispered into my ear.

I jumped up with a ear crunching scream and stared at my bed. It was obvious someone was laying on the left side of the bed because a large dent lay unmoving, right next to where I was sitting. “This isn’t happening,” I whispered, turning around my eyes shut tight. “This isn’t—“

“This isn’t happening,” my voice echoed, sounding like it was coming on the bed.  I whipped around and covering my mouth so I wouldn’t scream again. On my bed lay a perfect image of myself, in the Tinker Bell costume. They turned their head towards me, deliberately breaking into a smile. “What? Mummy didn’t tell you? You have a twin,” it said, dragging out my words in a sexy manner and waggling their--my eyebrows.

“WHAT THE HELL!” I burst out, backing up to the bathroom door. I banged on it while staring at the creature in my bed, playing with their—my tinker bell skirt. My heart thudded in my chest as they lazily swung their legs off the bed and stood with their back towards me.

“Don’t bother; Flower passed out when she saw me and fell into the bathing area.” The back of it’s blonde head looked identical to mine as it curiously wondered around the room. “I must say, this room is quite disturbing,” it commented, poking the violet lamp that sat next to my bed. The lamp flickered at its touched and threatened to turn off.