Epilogue Part Two

(This is an alternate ending to the story.)

**9 years later**

Laughter echoed through the halls of their house.

Mirena smiled at the sight of their three boys playing with Daniel.

Nikolai had his arms wrapped around his beautiful wife as they witnessed the sight of their life together.

Oh, had time passed.

It's had a hold on the light of his life, but he knew she would only grow stronger.

She fought that battle, never giving into the fact that years had passed and she had indeed grown weaker, but with every change in their lives Nikolai has been there to be with her fight with her.

To fight for her.

He was her rock.

The love of her life.

She kissed him in the cheek before leaving his side to pick up Nykirian, who was reaching out to her.

She moved to sit on the couch, while bouncing him lightly on her knee.

As she played with the cheer filled toddler Nikolai and Daniel witnessed something different about her.

A glow.

Even in a frail state Merina managed to light up a room with only her eyes.

Nikolai sat down taking a tired looking Alexei into his arms and rocked him to sleep.

***

After they put all of the kids to sleep, Daniel departed, leaving Mirena and Nikolai to themselves.

While Nikolai shut the door, Mirena was putting away a few stray toys back in the chest.

When she straightened up he wrapped his arms around her waist and hugged her from behind, moving his face to the crook of her neck, Nikolai inhaled deeply, taking in the sweet scent of his wife.

They stood there for a few minutes, savoring each others company.

After a while they moved upstairs to their room where they ditched their clothes and headed for the bath.

The lighting was dark, the only sound was their breathing and slight laughs and chuckles and the occasional sloshing of the water as they moved.

Nikolai had his little kotik on top of him laying on his chest curled up like a real kitten. Her head was cushioned by the hollow of his neck, her left hand trailed a pattern on his wet skin.

Her hair had gotten longer, her beauty had grown even more with the faint laugh lines and the barely noticeable crowsfeet at the corner of her eyes.

He was completely enraptured with this gift that had completely changed his life. For the best, of course.

He wouldn't change anything.

***
Mirena gazed up at him, he was studying her but also seemed to be lost in thought.

So, to make him snap out of it she decided to kiss him, to just enjoy him.

To love him.

He immediately responded, leading that innocent kiss onto something more.

In that moment she controlled him.

With each sound that came from her sweet mouth.

Each gesture she made.

Each glance she gave.

In that moment she took hold of the kiss and he let her.
With hands in his head, her fingers were entangled with the silky strands of inky hair, pulling slightly, making him groan.

Her mouth suckled at the light stubble that dusted his strong jaw.

She straddled his thigh, moving slightly in order to tease him, while also licking at his collarbone.

That's how far her torture continued, until his restraint snapped entirely.

He growled picking her up and headed towards the bed.

Completely ignoring the protests and complains that came from his little kitten's mouth.

He worshipped her body as he'd always done over the years and made sure that by the end of the night she was sated, comfortable, and relaxed.

Nothing had changed, well not really, Nikolai had in fact spent more time making her happy.

And she loved every bit of it. Just like the very fact that she did the exact same for him.

Over the years they had indeed endured the realities of being a couple.

Of not agreeing.

Of the lies.

Of having different point of views.

But after all those fights and dreadfully long nights they always seemed to pull through and remain even stronger than before.

Their lives weren't perfect.

They were human.