Chapter 13: The Lioness in His Bed

"Mirenacould you set up a meeting with MrLee and make a reservation for dinner in the usual restaurant?" MrGavaletti asked as he gave her more files for the proposal they had finished the night
before.

"Right away, Mr. Gavaletti." She answered organizing the papers and exited his office and went to her desk. 
After organizing the 'Lee proposal', Mirena grabbed the phone and made a reservation for the business dinner. While she was checking the other projects they had going on she heard the phone start to ring, quickly answering it she said, "Mr. Gavale-"
Mirena was interrupted by his voice.

"Now, now kotik there's no need for you to say that bloody introduction. I just had to hear your sweet voice." Nikolai rasped.

"Is this the part where I smile and say, 'Oh, you flatter me.', because that's not going to happen." She said in a bored tone and heard him chuckling at her remark. She could see him leaning back into his seat his long legs crossed behind the dark wood desk, while running his hands through the dark strands of his messy hair.

"A man has got to try, right." He answered laughing.

"Whatever you say, hotshot." She responded.

"Hotshot?, where did that come from?" He asked.

"Oh, just because you have this Tall-Dark-and- Handsome thing going on, I decided to add Hotshot to your category, because it reminds me of the concert." She answers truthfully typing on her computer trying to finish as quickly as possible. She glanced at her watch Mirena spoke, "If you have nothing important to say to me Mr. Wolfe, I have to continue with work."

"Very well, see you in thirty minutes, kotik." He answered and she hung up.

After she finished the email she had been working on she sent it to Mr. Gavaletti for inspection and reached for her coat and purse, while heading to the elevators. And she exited the building only to find Frederick, Nikolai's driver, waiting for her.
Opening the back door he said, "Mr. Wolfe asked me to come and fetch you, Mrs. Ruslivan. "

"Oh, thank you, but please call me Mirena." She said sliding into the car.

Exiting the elevator she found Nikolai waiting for her. His hand found the small of her back instantly guiding her as they passed the receptionist who was glaring at her. Ignoring her stare, Mirena walked closer towards Nikolai, when the passed his secretary he said, "Sam, hold my calls."

"Yes, sir."

As Nikolai led her into his office her led her to the lounge area where he had their lunch served. Taking a seat on the stylish couch, Nikolai claimed the spot next to her.

Studying the meal set out before her, Nikolai explained, "Its roasted red pepper lasagna, my dear, if I'm not mistaken it's one of your favorites?"

"Yes, it is." He must've learned that from how often she ordered it.

Taking her first bite she felt a series of sensations course through her because of how good it tasted. A moan escaped her lips before she could prevent it and Nikolai looked at her with and amused glint in his eyes, then he spoke, "And here I thought I was the only person who could make you moan like that, kitten."

Answering she said, "Stop being so arrogant, I swear your ego just might be bigger than the orgasms you give me." She continued eating her lunch.

"Wow, that actually might have hurt me .... In a way." He chuckled.

Their whole lunch kept going like that with stray comments and smartass remarks. And once they were finished, he led her to his private bathroom, the door blended with the decorations, but stood out because of the latch.

There they stood brushing their teeth together, as if they'd always done it together. But Nikolai was much more intense.

Noticing the time on her watch she swore. If she didn't hurry she would be late. Pulling away she apologized, "I'm sorry, but if I don't hurry, I'm going to be late." She gave him a brief kiss and escaped his arms.

"I'll pick you up at five then, kotik." He called after her.

The moment she slid into Nikolai's car she felt an intense pull of him.

Kissing him she said, "Why don't we go to the gym, you know to burn off some energy?"

Without a moment to spare he agrees and they head back to their penthouses to collect their workout clothes.

Once they reached his car now, because Frederick had been dismissed earlier, when they arrived to the Nikolai's gym it didn't surprise her when she saw the name Wolfe Fitness.

"Don't tell me you own this too?" She groaned looking at him.

"Only the chain, kotik." He responded laughing at her reaction, while pulling her closer to his side. "But remember, don't burn off too much energy, 'cause I'm going all night long with you, kitten" He teased.

"Don't worry, I'll be a lioness in your bed." She answered daringly.