Chapter 7

Ring Ring, Ring Ring

"Ugh.... who could be calling at this hour?" Ash said. If it was clear, Ash was still in bed. He rolled over to look at the clock on his nightstand. 11:30 it read. He looked a cross the room to where his phone was setting. 'No one ever calls me on that thing, who could it be?' He thought to himself. As he contemplated letting it go to voicemail, he thought about his week so far. Monday he beat Cynthia, Tuesday he had interviews all day, Wednesday was all of the photos shoots for magazines and newspapers, and finally now Thursday, his supposedly 'free day' was interrupted by someone calling him 'early' in the morning?

Ring Ring, Ring Ring

As Ash sighed, he finally removed the covers to his bed and walked to the far side of the guest room. Since he had just been visiting in Sinnoh, Dawn's mother had allowed him to use their guest room while he transitioned from his old life to champion. He reached the dresser and unplugged the phone.

Ring Ring, Ring Ring

He looked at who could have possibly been calling and saw it was an unknown number. He thought about letting it go to voicemail again but something in his mind told him to just answer it. So he did.

"Hello?" Ash questioned.

"Hi uhm... is this Ash?"

"Uh yea... can I ask who's calling?"

"Hey Ash it's been a while. It's me Clement!" Ash thought for a second before he remembered Clement and his journey with him through Kalos.

"Oh Clement. I can't believe I didn't recognize your voice. How long has it been, like 2 years?"

"Yea sounds about right." Clement chuckled. "Anyway I'm calling because I wanted to ask a favor of you."

"Of course Clement what's up?"

"Well you see Bonnie turns ten next week.... I was hoping you could come to her party. I know she would be so happy if you could come, she's starting her journey and I'm sure you know how much she looked up to you as a trainer."

"Well of course I'll come Clement! What day and time?"

"It's on Thursday at 4. At the gym. So you'll come then?"

"You know it! I'll leave immediately so I can visit some friends there in Kalos. Is it cool if I bring someone along too? I know she'll be really happy to meet Bonnie after I've told her so much about her."

"Of course Ash. Well I gotta go, thanks again. She'll be so surprised to see you there."

"Yea see you in a few days." Ash said before hanging up. He hadn't even thought of how Bonnie and Clement had felt about his leave. He didn't think to tell them, not after what had happened between him and Serena. Oh and Serena would probably be there too! This was awful, he completely forgot about her..... hopefully Dawn behaves when she hears this....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So when do we leave?" Dawn asked. She was really touched that Clement tracked Ash down for his sisters birthday party knowing how much he meant to his sister. It was great timing too because Ash had just finished his battles and would have some free time to recover from his strenuous week. A trip to Kalos would be perfect.

"As soon as you get packed. I figured we could spend some time in Kalos and enjoy the sights before the party." Ash responded. He smiled as she gave him a quick kiss before running upstairs to pack some clothes and other belongings. He looked over to Pikachu who was sitting on his shoulder. He smiled and began scratching underneath his chin earning a coo of delight from the yellow mouse. "It looks like we're heading back to Kalos."