Chapter 4

Ash awoke on the floor to find that Dawn was no longer sleeping. He looked around, trying to find any sign of where she had gone. He pulled his phone from the night stand where it was charging and looked at the time. 9:00? I never wake up this early... . He gathered his pack pack and went to the bathroom to do his morning rituals. After changing clothes, he returned to the room and awoke his trusty partner Pikachu who was hesitant to get up but after the promise of ketchup with breakfast jumped onto his shoulder. He went downstairs to find Dawn was making breakfast. But she had some help, this was the first time in years he was seeing her pokemon. There was the tiny blue penguin that was her starter pokemon, Piplup. Then there was the electric squirrel, Pachirisu. The last on that he could see was the brown rabbit, Buneary. He knew she had more but the others were simply too big to just wander around the house.

Dawn had heard him walking into the kitchen and looked at him with suprise. "And what are you doing up so early, Ash?" She said still confused.

"No idea, maybe it was the smell of breakfast. You know I love food." He said with a wink. She started to blush and turned back around to work on the food again. He pokemon meanwhile ran to Ash to welcome him back to Sinnoh. Piplup and Pachirisu nuzzled against his leg while Buneary jumped to his shoulder and instead of welcoming him, wrapped Pikachu in a giant hug. Pikachu began blushing wildly and tried to pry the rabbit pokemon off of him. After not succeeding he simply gave up and accepted his fate.

Ash picked them up while still hugging and placed them on the floor so they were not struggling on his shoulder. "Do you need any help with breakfast Dawn?" He asked.

"Since when do you cook Ash?" She responded again surprised by his statement.

"I guess there are some things that have changed about me that you have yet to learn."

"Well yea I guess, you can make the pancakes while I finish that bacon." She said. She handed him the spatula and she went to the oven to make the bacon. After finishing the two different foods, they made their plates and sat at the counter and ate in silence. After Dawn finished her plate and Ash his fourth, the cleaned up the kitchen and they sat on the couch in the living room. Dawn had recalled all her pokemon except Buneary who was still holding dearly onto Pikachu who simply stood there. All was again quiet until Dawn broke the silence.

"So how many pokemon do you have to catch Ash?"

"Well he gave me a list. I haven't really looked at it yet." He said as she sweatdropped.

"So you haven't planned on any certain order you're going to do them in?" She asked.

"Nope, I'm just going to go with it until I have caught all of them." He smiled at her again because he knew his lack of planning was going to annoy her.

"Well pull it out and let's see the list."

Mega evolutions in Sinnoh:

Lopunny
Garchomp
Lucario
Abomasnow

"Wait there's only four?" Dawn yelled. "I could have done this in a week!"

"I don't know Dawn, this could be tough, remember where you can find these pokemon. Abomasnow would be all the way north near Snowpoint city. Garchomp of going to be deep in Wayward cave. Lopunny should be pretty easy because you can find Buneary in Eterna forrest. Lucario however.... no idea where to find that one."

"I guess we just have to look everywhere for a Lucario."

"So when did you want to leave Dawn?" Ash asked her.

"Well I'm ready whenever you are Ash."

Ash didn't need another second. He grabbed Pikachu out of Buneary's death hug and grabbed Dawn's hand causing her to blush once more and began running off into the distance. Dawn was barely able to return Buneary and keep her balance at the same time.