Chapter 11: Why Am I Going Again?

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. Thanks to a ring that you didn't know he was wearing" I reminded him.

"Why are you so sure I didn't know?" he looked into the rear-view mirror at me.

"Did you?" I questioned.

"Yes" his answer was simple and obviously false.

"You're lying" I scoffed.

"Kat, I saw the ring. It's a big tacky thing. It's hard to miss" Alaric looked at his after Damon said that.

"Can you just not talk to me, I was promised I wouldn't have to deal with you until we get there" I pleaded and the car went silent.

-TIME SKIP-

"So Isobel was officially employed by the Anthropology department given that most paranormal phenomena is rooted in folklore" Alaric explained as we entered Isobel's little research area. "Excuse me. Hi, I'm Alaric Saltzman. I called earlier" Alaric talked to who I'm assuming is the secretary?

"Yes. Of course. I'm Vanessa Monroe, research assistant--comparative folklore. Uh, let me just grab Isobel's keys" she smiled through her greeting.

"I'm sorry. These are my friends Kat and Damon. I hope this isn't too much of an imposition" Alaric introduced us.

"Please. Isobel's office is right through there. Isobel was one of my first professors. I'm a grad student. She was brilliant. One of the reasons I went into folklore" I rolled my eyes and held back on laughter, Damon noticed and couldn't help but smirk at me. "I have to ask, um...has there been any news?"

"No. No. I'm afraid not" poor Alaric.

"It's right this way" she unlocked the door and directed us in. "I'll grab the light. Feel free to look around. It's fascinating, isn't it?" she walked into another room.

"Ugh, I don't like her" I muttered by a few books.

"You couldn't tell(!)" Damon butted in when there was no need to.

"Oh bite me" I grumbled.

"Tell me where" he faced me and waggled his eyebrows, I just rolled my eyes at him and turned to look at the books behind me, I only read a few of their spines before I heard the storytellers cheap sounding heels and turned back around, to see her pointing a crossbow at me!

I gasped in shock as she shot it and I closed my eyes, waiting for it to hit me, wondering how much it'll hurt. But a gust of wind and a groan stopped those thoughts, I opened my eyes to see Damon right in front of me, I'm assuming the arrows in his back. I watched as he fell to the ground, Alaric disarming the whack job before she could do any more damage.

"This is why he shouldn't try to be a show-off, a hero, a knight in shining armor. It always get's the idiot hurt" I muttered my thanks and prodded Damon's stomach with my heeled shoe.

-TIME SKIP-

"Pull it out. I can't reach it, Kat. Just pull the damn thing out. It hurts" Damon encouraged.

"Shut up and it'll get done quicker" I promised, he stayed quiet and I easily pulled it out.

"Whooooo. Ahhhhh. Whoo-ahh" he shook and stretched, seeming relieved to have the arrow removed. "That b!*ch is dead" he turned, expecting a reaction from me.