1-So Close

[A/N]

I don't really remember the whole story, the original one I mean, okay now I remember (I read it again). So I will, of course, going to not let them meet unlike in the fairytale. Also I named Red Riding Hood Veronica just so you know. Thank you. :)

§§§§§§§§§§

Veronica's P.O.V.

"Veronica~! Sweetie! Be a good dear and would you please bring these to grandma's house. One of our neighbours said that she is sick."

I heard my mother shout from the kitchen. I stood up from the grassy field were I like to play dolls.

"Coming!" I said in my cute little high pitch voice. I made my way to the kitchen and wash my hands.

"See this basket here. Grandma's favorite goods are in there. You know where grandma's house is don't you?"

"Yes mother. Grandma's house is pass mister Jenkins farm. I'll know I'm close when I pass the windmill."

"Good and don't forget~," she said in a singsong tone. "Don't stray from the path." We both said in the same time. We smiled at each other and she hug me.

"I don't want anything bad happening to you got it? You're my precious little girl."

After we hug I took the basket and made my way to grandma's house. Oh but of course I will not forget my red cloak that grandma made for me.

(Actually I forgot about that and while I was rereading I said 'The hell is her red cloak she's suppose to be red riding hood and she forgot her cloak' so yeah I'm an idiot. Sorry continue reading).

*****
Third Person's P.O.V.

Veronica pass through mister Jenkins farm without any difficulty. She can see the windmill towering in the distance.

Pass mister Jenkins farm house a wide pasturing field is the next one you have to pass.

His goat, cows, and sheep are grazing the field peacefully. Beyond the fields a wide array of flowers decorate the country side mesmerizing little Veronica. Her steps begun to falter and slowly comes to a stop near the entrance to the woods.

Along the forest path the flowers that grew there are more beautiful because of their mixed colors. Along the way little Veronica would pick flowers and entertain herself. Her progress is very slow but then she remember what her mother told her and quicken her pace soon enough she can see her grandma's house.

"Grandma! This is Veronica. I brought some cake, and cream and eggs and a little pot of butter." The little girl said while knocking.

"Pull down the bobbin and the latch will come up." She did as she was told and the door open.

"Grandma!!! Are you feeling any better?" The girl said worry in her tone.

"Now that I saw you I'm better now. Why, come here and give granny a hug." She said with wide arms open.

Veronica enthusiastically gave her grandma a hug. Veronica stayed for a little while and share stories.

As this is all happening, on the other side of the woods there the wolf hides, for the woodcutters are around and will surely kill him if they saw him.

It is the same road that Veronica would have ventured had she forgotten the reminder her mother gave her.

It would have been the first time that they will meet but that did not happen.