Didn't See That Coming

***Fury's POV***

I sat down in my chair and glared at the three files I had in my hands. One was on Batman. I always waited for him to slip up, but yet he remained to be 'good'. The second was on the Joker, who apparently, went silent. Yes, I keep tabs on him too. The last file was one that I was the most unsure about. 

For all I know, the case could be utter rubbish. Or it could be a lead. I didn't know anymore. It was fifty fifty, I suppose. Either it is a lead, or it isn't. But either way, the Joker had gone silent and this person might have had something to do with it.

I opened the file carefully, expecting the worst. What I saw made me laugh. The lead was an eighteen year old? Seriously? How could he have taken down the Joker? Batman couldn't even do that. (According to certain series.)

"Sir, Thor wishes to speak with you," one of the soldiers informed me. 

"Send him in," I muttered, my eyes locked on the kid's. Maybe he was capable of doing something to the Joker. But if he did do something to him, what did he do and why? 

"Sir," Thor greeted. He sat down across from me. 

I didn't glance up. "What is it you wish to speak about, Thor?"

"Loki is gone." 

My head snapped up. "What?" I shouted.

"I put him in the prisoner cell, and his body curled up and died. But his soul is alive. I know it is," Thor grunted in thought about where he could have been. 

"Strange..."

"What's strange?" Thor asked.

"The Joker went missing a while ago, and now Loki too? This has to be something other than a coincidence."

"I thought Batman was on the Joker?"

"I keep tabs on everyone. Every villain ever know, along with every superhero."

"That must be a lot of tabs."

"It is. Call in the rest of them, will you?" I asked Thor, glancing briefly at the image of the boy again. Now, the chances of him being our lead were at seventy five percent. 

Thor left the room for a good ten minutes, then was followed by everyone else. I stood up, closing the file. They all sat down. I tossed the file to Thor. He stared at it for a moment.

***Thor's POV***

I opened the file, my hands shaking slightly. I breathed through my nose, expecting the worst. And it was. The picture was of Percy Jackson. I dropped the file, and backed away a little. Fury observed my reaction carefully, analyzing every move I made. 

"Thor?" Steve asked. He bent down and picked it up. The picture was what got me. It was him! "I don't get it. It's just a teenager. A troublemaker, if that," Steve commented, passing the file to Bruce. 

"Why'd you react like that?" Bruce asked me finally, after studying the image. 

"I...know that kid," I responded carefully. Fury's eyes lit up at that. "But it's been awhile since he last saw me. I doubt he would take a visit kindly."

"Go get him and bring him here in one piece. If you fail to do so, the Avengers will accompany you, and he will not necessarily be in one piece." I nodded, then ran out of the room. 

I was now on a mission to retrieve Percy Jackson. 

This was going to be bad.

***Percy's POV***