Chapter 12: Bad News, Good Miseries

Start from the beginning

  “I think Ayden came just in time, as usual,” if I’m not mistaken, I heard a hint of sarcasm mixed with disappointment and frustration. “I’ll be right back.”

  I watched Andrew hopping off the trunk and sauntering towards the car. Someone closed a car door and I supposed that’s Ayden. My heart skipped a beat at the thought of seeing Ayden again.

  “Hey, Ayden,” I started to follow Andrew—who was greeting Ayden. “Yo, man,” he continued to say but Ayden didn’t greeted back, instead he glowered at him and walked directly to Andrew, visibly mad.

  “You,” Ayden growled and all of a sudden, he punched Andrew.

   A yelp escaped my lips as I saw Andrew on the floor and Ayden on top of him, constantly hitting his face. “Stop it!” I yelled and started to run closer to Ayden. “What’s wrong with you?!”

  “Wow, man. I was just kidding, Ayden,” Andrew started to laugh, clutching his wounded mouth. “No need to get pissed. Let me have a little fun!”

  “You bastard! How could you? Gold thong, really?!” I’ve never seen Ayden so upset and mad. “I’m so going to kill you!”

  My feet halted its sprint and my eyes behold the scene ahead of me. Ayden was punching Andrew while he laughed like some masochist crazy ewok. “Stop it!” I yelled, “You guys are acting like some childish kids.”

  Ayden abruptly stopped his fist—that was going to land on Andrew’s left eye—and looked up at me. “Please,” I begged, looking directly at Ayden’s eyes.

   He let out a loud sigh and hurdled back on his feet, extending his hand out to Andrew. Andrew took it without hesitation and smiled at Ayden with blood all over his teeth. “And this,” Ayden grunted after punching Andrew one more time, “is for boxing me last night!”

  “For the cookie of Yoda! What is wrong with you?” I dashed to where Andrew landed and knelt beside him. “Are you alright?”

  “Cookie of Yoda? Oh, Butch,” Andrew laughed and I slapped his chest. “Ouch! What was that for?”

  “For scaring me! Are you freaking crazy? You’re laughing and you’re bleeding?” I asked him worried. I was worried about him, he seemed pretty crazy—more like suicidal, “Why didn’t you do that back in the bar, yesterday?”

  “First of all, because Ayden punches like a little girl,” he snickered and after Ayden heard the last line, rage mode was activated and he was ready to attack. If it wasn’t for me that stood up, blocking and facing him, maybe Andrew will look like a hillbilly without his front teeth.

  “Get out of my way,” he said sternly.

   His blue eyes pierced my soul but I wasn’t going to weak out. “No.”

   “Agh!” he let out a groan of desperation, “I’ll be in the car!” And he started to walk back to his car, defeated yet wrathful.

   I turned around and saw Boba staring up at me, “Have you gone mad?” I held, offering him my hand.

   He took it and bounced himself up, “Honestly, I don’t know.” He glanced at me and started to wipe the dirt off his plaid shorts. Then, Andrew eyed an upset Ayden—that was waiting for us inside his car—and said, “I’ll talk to him.”

   “Wait,” I grabbed his arm and hauled him back with me to the pickup truck’s trunk. “Sit.”

   He sat on the trunk’s edge and looked at me with a weird expression on his face. “What is it?”